The MT-07 Forum

F Trip Challenge!!!

jeffkisthename

Guest ChicagoAJ
Jump on the highway and cruise at 65mph in a tucked position. You'll get over 60mpg easily and probably 220 on a tank. My personal best calculated at the pump mpg was over 57, but that was the stock tune and putting around.  
@bmwpowere36m3 - is that premium gas 93 octane?! That's crazy cheap. 
Pretty sure its 91 octane, but I fill with 87 anyway.  For the most part 87, 89 and 91 octane is available in CT.  Some have 93 octane instead of 91 and some have both.  This is a Citgo near me... its E10 (regardless of octane), they have HUGE turnaround and generally the lowest price in the area.  Fuel is always fresh due to volume and I haven't had any issues running it in all my vehicles.  I try to fill up there when I can. 
Yeah, gas has been pretty cheap this past year.  I remember when it hit $5+ a gallon for 89/91 about 2 years ago, IIRC.
I remember that gas spike as well. Back when I had a 2013 WRX modded like crazy, only got 12mpg on 93 octane and the worst price I ever put in was $5.73 a gallon. That's when I dumped that car and got my nice, frugal Prius C and started up the motorcycle hobby. 

• Premium Member

Let's find someone with them fancy space age ceramic bearings to test this challenge out...on paper they should win :D

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Guest ChicagoAJ
Let's find someone with them fancy space age ceramic bearings to test this challenge out...on paper they should win :D
@pgeldz has them, I believe. Not sure if he installed them yet or not, though. 

• Premium Member
I installed them, but hadn't had a chance to ride it yet because the bike is still down.  The last of the parts I have coming shipped today, so hopefully I'll do some more wrenching this weekend, and finish it up when the parts get here next week. 
:)

- Paulie

• Global Moderator
I installed them, but hadn't had a chance to ride it yet because the bike is still down.  The last of the parts I have coming shipped today, so hopefully I'll do some more wrenching this weekend, and finish it up when the parts get here next week. 

- Paulie
Pgeldz believes in spending other's money as well as his own...
talked me into a set as well
cant say i regret it... just the lightness in my wallet

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

- Paulie
Pgeldz believes in spending other's money as well as his own... talked me into a set as well
cant say i regret it... just the lightness in my wallet

Lol! I just presented an opportunity... didn't really twist your arm, haha.

Hey at least you had the chance to enjoy them. My bike has been down since WSBK at Laguna Seca :(

Ha!

- Paulie

• Global Moderator

2 rides to work and home
The dealer tech got a better ride when i took it in fir the 20k svc

• Global Moderator

If this damned rain makes up its mind i'll probably take it in tomm and wash it... and take it for a ride tomm after work

http://imgur.com/a/Y1LsX
Y1LsX
F-Trip 47.8 miles.

I was late for work and forgot that I ran through all my gas last night. I remember I saw this forum before and thought screw it, Either die great or live for nothing. I made it to work on time and after my shift imminently went to the shell down the the block. Remembered to snap a pic for proof. Sorry everyone for the quality. Would have another mileage photo for better proof but I reset mt Trip 1 when I was trying to adjust my clock.  

• Global Moderator

20 miles... im ashamed... but the gas was winter blend and over 3mo old... ive put 90 miles on this tank so far, and have only jist dropped a bar

lefs see how long i gan get this tank to.last

95bcd4a59ad9e66fd23f6efcbc6de547.jpg

224934a82ed5ba884260b8a4424b8da2.jpg

f67c939336663bb66906ce5948ed161a.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Everybody who's sputtering is only getting 3.4 gallons in. .3 gallons are un useable in the tank.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Global Moderator
Everybody who's sputtering is only getting 3.4 gallons in. .3 gallons are un useable in the tank.
You have to be very steady/light with the throttle to run the tank completely dry...  even then, i believe the pump pickup is about an inch above the bottom of the tank to prevent debris from getting sucked in

• 2 years later...

My F trip came on at 161 miles.  I'm 11 miles into it.  I reckon I can hit 200 miles, but should I take the risk lol