The MT-07 Forum

Crash

fz07fanboy

• Premium Member

This isn't me but this past Sunday, July 17th, 2016 I decided to ride Mulholland on my way home going up the snake. As soon as I started, I passed 3 guys waiting on the side of the road to turn around. I knew then they were going to ride aggressively. As I'm going around a turn I noticed in my mirror one of the guys right behind me but, I figured he would wait for a clean shot to pass.......nope. He passes me in a blind turn so I slow down and let the other guy pass as well. I then decided to hang back a little because the way they were riding could only mean disaster. This road is dangerous enough and riding it like your on the track can get you in some trouble. Apologies for the hazy image. I forgot to clean the lens on my camera.

Hope he is ok, but you are right those road can have so many hazards laying about not including other vehicles, to many factors to be riding to your limits.

Good job riding at your own pace. You may have been slow than them but at least you are keeping the rubber down on the ground.

bigdaddybane

I feel bad for that person, I hope he's OK. I'm glad you picked the right pace ... enjoy the ride while being comfortable and safe.

• Premium Member

@fz07fanboy  You are a great positive example to anyone who lets their testosterone get in the way of riding.  It's easy to get sucked into competition mode when someone flies by, but you didn't.  When I'm riding I always try to remember the famous Clint Eastwood quote "A man's got to know their limitations" (or something to that effect).  I'm old, slow, fat, ugly, and I've got nothing to prove (until testo gets in the way, which it occasionally does).  It hurt to see an accident like that because, as riders, it really could be any one of us on a given day.  Let's be careful out there (and know our limitations)! 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
Good job riding at your own pace. You may have been slow than them but at least you are keeping the rubber down on the ground.
I wasn't even trying to keep up or ride hard. Doesn't matter to me. I'll ride comfortably. Doesn't make me feel any less of a rider.

• Premium Member
@fz07fanboy  You are a great positive example to anyone who lets their testosterone get in the way of riding.  It's easy to get sucked into competition mode when someone flies by, but you didn't.  When I'm riding I always try to remember the famous Clint Eastwood quote "A man's got to know their limitations" (or something to that effect).  I'm old, slow, fat, ugly, and I've got nothing to prove (until testo gets in the way, which it occasionally does).  It hurt to see an accident like that because, as riders, it really could be any one of us on a given day.  Let's be careful out there (and know our limitations)! 
Thank you. Appreciate the compliments. The guy is very lucky because there could have been a car or another rider coming through other way and he could have gotten ran over or hit for that matter.

There's actually a lot of videos online of that road. rnickeymouse has some great videos on YouTube. Check it out. Very popular road and seeing guys like that up there is normal. I don't know how or why he crash but I can't hate I would be doing the same minus the blind corner pass, big no no :)

Greatness

• Premium Member
There's actually a lot of videos online of that road. rnickeymouse has some great videos on YouTube. Check it out. Very popular road and seeing guys like that up there is normal. I don't know how or why he crash but I can't hate I would be doing the same minus the blind corner pass, big no no :)
I'm very familiar with him being that I only live like 20 miles away from there and have talked to him on different occasions.

@fz07fanboy So that's why there was all that dirt/gravel on Sunday! The rest of the course was clean besides that one part. I didn't get there til 3pm almost so this must have happened in the morning. I think I saw you riding up and down actually. I believe you even let me pass you at one point going downhill on Edward's corner? I was the asian guy with the white fz and white/black suit. It's great principle and always smart to ride at your own pace! I have slowly gotten my skill level up to almost knee touch on every turn at the snake from memorizing the course and practicing over and over again at MY own pace. I just got this bike 5months ago. Trying to keep her pretty lol

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member
@fz07fanboy So that's why there was all that dirt/gravel on Sunday! The rest of the course was clean besides that one part. I didn't get there til 3pm almost so this must have happened in the morning. I think I saw you riding up and down actually. I believe you even let me pass you at one point going downhill on Edward's corner? I was the asian guy with the white fz and white/black suit. It's great principle and always smart to ride at your own pace! I have slowly gotten my skill level up to almost knee touch on every turn at the snake from memorizing the course and practicing over and over again at MY own pace. I just got this bike 5months ago. Trying to keep her pretty lol
The incident happened in the afternoon. I do believe I may have seen you because after the accident I was assisting slowing down traffic going down the hill. I didn't go up and down after the incident because CHP showed up. I was coming back from Angeles Crest HWY. That was my last ride since I'm moving to Texas on Monday.

Awww man. It would have been dope to actually ride with you @fz07fanboy! Hopefully you can find some good roads out in Texas brother!

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member
Awww man. It would have been dope to actually ride with you @fz07fanboy! Hopefully you can find some good roads out in Texas brother!
Indeed it would have been. Seems to be difficult to find FZ07 group rides because it seems like most of them are South. No one ever comes North. Oh well.... Such is life. I'll be on the hunt in Texas. May have to trailer the bike just to find some roads but I'll do it.

Indeed it would have been. Seems to be difficult to find FZ07 group rides because it seems like most of them are South. No one ever comestibles North. Oh well.... Such is life. I'll be on the hunt in Texas. May have to trailer the bike just to find some roads but I'll do it.

I hear Texas is pretty flat. Might have to find a track for that itch. Good luck.

Greatness

• Premium Member
Indeed it would have been. Seems to be difficult to find FZ07 group rides because it seems like most of them are South. No one ever comestibles North. Oh well.... Such is life. I'll be on the hunt in Texas. May have to trailer the bike just to find some roads but I'll do it.
I hear Texas is pretty flat. Might have to find a track for that itch. Good luck.
It is flat but there are some areas. Just have to find them.

same thing happened to snowcat, at that location, some other biker over took him down the road he ended up crashing. SMH to those riding too much 4 they own good, glad he was on 2 feet.

Glad he's alright but it strikes me as odd that some people are so concerned for their safety that they spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in protective gear to stay healthy but then ride as though they have a death wish.

Beemer

Glad he's alright but it strikes me as odd that some people are so concerned for their safety that they spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in protective gear to stay healthy but then ride as though they have a death wish.

It's so they can ride like that and have a better chance if something happens. Just saying... :)

Greatness

It's so they can ride like that and have a better chance if something happens. Just saying... :)
Thanks but I already knew the obvious. I was referring to the irony of it ...  :-S  

Beemer

• Premium Member

Man, I get passed up like that all the time as well. Glad you were cautious enough to not get tangled up in it.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Indeed it would have been. Seems to be difficult to find FZ07 group rides because it seems like most of them are South. No one ever comes North. Oh well.... Such is life. I'll be on the hunt in Texas. May have to trailer the bike just to find some roads but I'll do it.

Where about in TX are you moving to? I just picked up my FZ and could use someone to ride with if you're local.

• Premium Member
Where about in TX are you moving to? I just picked up my FZ and could use someone to ride with if you're local.
I'll be in San Antonio

• Premium Member
Baffle out m4 exhaust? Sounds great. I could listen to it all day.
Baffle is in. Too loud with it out. If feel it had the perfect sound and noise level with it in.

That guy has a ton of videos from this road. And good quality!

Archived