The MT-07 Forum

First Time Rider - Fort Worth, TX

texastj

Howdy! I've had my license for about 5 years, but this is my first bike. When I was 16 I wanted an R6 but couldn't afford the insurance, so life went on and I went bike less. Today I brought home my first bike, 2016 FZ-07 that was un-crated this morning. The ride home was great and I can't wait for the weekend! Future plans will be fender eliminator, custom led tail light, and a few other minor things.

I opted out of all of the warranties/extended services because most of the things I read said these Yami's are relatively problem-free. Anyone think I should've gotten their service plan/warranties?

Also, how many keys am I supposed to get, 2 or 3?

2739fbeb9e799615628a0a8704e2e535.jpg

2 keys, bud. No valet key for bikes, as far as I know. Welcome and I hope you enjoy it!

Works for me, I thought I'd read something about a master key. I love it so far!

Guest ChicagoAJ
2 keys, bud. No valet key for bikes, as far as I know. Welcome and I hope you enjoy it!
Works for me, I thought I'd read something about a master key. I love it so far!
I didn't get my master key either, whatever that is. Haha. As far as the extended warranty question - it's debatable. If there's going to be any problems with the bike they'll likely come out to play before your factory year long warranty is up unless you don't ride. The bike is pretty easy to work on if you're mechanically inclined and most parts are really cheap too. So most people tend to skip the extended warranty. Just about everyone here has a tune or flash which technically voids the warranty anyhow - but that's really at the discretion of the dealer you bring your bike to if something actually does break. 

Thanks for the info, my other toy is a Jeep and I've done all of the modifications to it. I'm no mechanic, but thanks to the internet I can find my way around a machine.

martyinaustin

congrats. i got 2 keys. we Texans are getting plentiful here...keep us posted if you swing down towards Austin.

marty

Guest 2wheeler

Congrats and you have a beautiful bike (I have the same year/color)!

If you are looking for an early upgrade that will make your bike look much better, checkout the Evotech radiator guard. A lot of the folks on the forum use that one and they are now making it in black without the raised EV letters that they use to have. Defintely changes the look and protects your radiator too.

Happy and safe riding to you!

http://www.motostarz.com/street/body-cosmetic/engine-covers/yamaha/fz-07-mt-07/evotech-performance-radiator-guard-for-2014-2016-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07.html

• Premium Member

Congrats...

I would say my the mod I like the best is the exhaust ... only because it makes the bike sound how it feels to ride it.

Have fun be safe

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Congrats and you have a beautiful bike (I have the same year/color)! 
If you are looking for an early upgrade that will make your bike look much better, checkout the Evotech radiator guard. A lot of the folks on the forum use that one and they are now making it in black without the raised EV letters that they use to have. Defintely changes the look and protects your radiator too.

Happy and safe riding to you!

http://www.motostarz.com/street/body-cosmetic/engine-covers/yamaha/fz-07-mt-07/evotech-performance-radiator-guard-for-2014-2016-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07.html

I appreciate the advice, I have a radiator guard on my list.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, I was just in Dallas yesterday in my car. Man I would hate to ride a bike in that traffic.
I live in Uptown and traffic is horrible.  I primarily ride early morning on the weekends.  I like to jump on 75 and head north to McKinney for the rural roads out there.

Archived