The MT-07 Forum

K-Tech cartridge kit and RAZR shock

pattonme

I am able to get these now. Prices indicated are MSRP as of Oct 2016. In accordance with MAP policy, I am offering discounts to forum members in other ways.

* IDS-20 - $895
free cap wrench, no Paypal fee, and free installation - a $140 value
pic, link

* RAZOR-R - $795
free shipping, no Paypal fee and free Torrington bearing - a $80 value.
Comes in street or race valving option

* RAZOR-Lite - $495

In response to customer feedback and internal product improvement efforts, K-Tech has upgraded the preload rings to the ones pictured below and also now includes 2 adjustment spanners.

IMG_20161223_175141.jpg
new%20rings%20and%20tool.png

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Global Moderator

still need to get that razr shock installed .. love the look of it and after reading several reviews for other models cant wait to feel the difference properly set up suspension will bring

Thnx again matt

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 months later...

unfortunately not yet. Though I hope to buy one here shorty for my personal riding eval.
Prices updated in first post.

The Traxxion has the potential to be the better system - it has a long track record of success. But I haven't personally run a recent edition of the AK20.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Great thanks. The razor r shock seems to be a good deal for the price. Fully adjustable and remote reservoir. Seems to be a bit better value than other shocks priced just below this.

• 2 months later...

new shock rings. All previous purchases are eligible for free update. PM me if I don't get to you first. Torrington bearing will also be made available but I have to charge my cost for that.

new%20rings%20and%20tool.png

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Got some Torrington's in but unfortunately don't fit and need an adapter which I made. But I have the correct size on order.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/180639/Forks-by-Matt/K-Tech/IMG_20161230_034559.jpg

K-Tech's preload rings' centering lip is too short to accommodate a Torrington so aside from making adapters (pictured) it has to be located under the black (upper) ring where the shock body will keep any shift in check.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/180639/Forks-by-Matt/K-Tech/IMG_20161230_035247.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/180639/Forks-by-Matt/K-Tech/IMG_20161230_034930.jpg

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hey, I was just wondering if you got the correct size for the torrington in yet?
yes and no. @howlinhoss got the smaller version which I had to bore out the ID of the bearing carrier. Not much fun since the metal is so thin and just pushes around instead of cutting. I ordered and received a bunch of AL stock to do my custom spacer that not only fits nicely inside the spring, it slips over the ring land so it's a nice fit on the larger sized bearing.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

K-Tech now has a Razor-Lite shock for $495 MSRP. Just announced last weekend. It's the -R without the hose, remote reservoir, or comp adjustment.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Man that $495 shock sounds up my alley. I don't race and rebound would be a nice adjustment for these shit roads I'm on. So that'd be what 950ish for all costs for your cartridges you make and a shock... that's an incredible amount of upgrades for a super price!!

Yup, the Lite's price point is a huge kick in the teeth to everyone else (Ohlins, Nitron, JRi) who are at least $150 more aside from the Matris. If I had a choice of an Italian shock with basically no US support vs one with a strong dealer network...

The K-Tech -R at least comes in Street vs Race valving if that matters.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived