The MT-07 Forum

Invented by a rider for riders keyport Review

captainfz07

• Global Moderator

Like the product... 60 bucks for a usb 64gb flash drive is insane though

Also... whered the pic of this elise?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

The lotus
The lotus!
How do you like it?
Those things look so fun

• Premium Member

Cool idea... If it didn't require having to get their key blanks, recutting keys for install, I think it would appeal to me more.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

captainfz07

I feel you, i got the 4g its all i need, dont drink so no need for bottle opener, got the led light, very usefull.i think its worth the convenience:)

• Global Moderator
I feel you, i got the 4g its all i need, dont drink so no need for bottle opener, got the led light, very usefull.i think its worth the convenience:)
Stil no pic :P

captainfz07
The lotus The lotus!
How do you like it?
Those things look so fun

Lotus is amazing!

Reliable toyota engine
Very light car 19xx lb. Power to weight :)
Canyon carver

Best handeling car ive owned.
Use to drive
Honda s2000, Nissan 350z, Subaru WRX STI, Audi S4, Mazda Speed 6, Acura Integra, Chevy Z28 Camaro.

captainfz07
Cool idea... If it didn't require having to get their key blanks, recutting keys for install, I think it would appeal to me more.

They have a product that swivles out your keys no cutting required, i like the low profile version better, same size as a pack of gum :)

captainfz07

20160307_121315_zpsxap06jvy.jpg

• Global Moderator
20160307_121315_zpsxap06jvy.jpg
God i love those cars....

captainfz07

Subscribe ill be doing furure videos on FZ-07, other bikes, and cars, and vlog. Thanks :)

My lotus dyno day

• Premium Member
They have a product that swivles out your keys no cutting required, i like the low profile version better, same size as a pack of gum :)
BUT pre-order tho... 
Now you made me go into a whole search for these things... Here are a few lists of other key organizers.  

http://gearmoose.com/everyday-carry-key-organizers/

http://hiconsumption.com/2015/09/best-edc-key-organizers/

This one has about 40 different ones, but many of them are at the kickstarter phase or even DIYs.  
http://snipercool.com/key-holder/ 

I essentially only carry 2 keys with me at a time, so I don't really need one of these. I do use a Nite Ize Ring Holder with Stainless steel S hooks at home. That way, if I ever need a key, I can just clip off the ones I need and clip the ones I don't back. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

captainfz07
BUT pre-order tho... 
Now you made me go into a whole search for these things... Here are a few lists of other key organizers.  

http://gearmoose.com/everyday-carry-key-organizers/

http://hiconsumption.com/2015/09/best-edc-key-organizers/

This one has about 40 different ones, but many of them are at the kickstarter phase or even DIYs.  
http://snipercool.com/key-holder/ 

I essentially only carry 2 keys with me at a time, so I don't really need one of these. I do use a Nite Ize Ring Holder with Stainless steel S hooks at home. That way, if I ever need a key, I can just clip off the ones I need and clip the ones I don't back. 

I have the keyport 2.0 its available now, the 3.0 is on preorder, has a blade option and bluetooth locator incase you loose it. Ive seen many key products, some still gingle, some swivle but i perfer this becuase it doesnt just look good, it functions good too, when you cut the head of the key it saves alot of weight, big difference in your pocket between 6 whole keys and six blades. If you only carry 2 keys i get it, its an overkill, but i usually carry 4, plus light, plus thumb drive so its perfect. Price isnt bad either. For the convenience it has given me its worth it, i have two cars and a motorcycle so hate swaping keys and taking them of every time i ride so it wont scratch area. Idk guess its the geek in me that loves it so much haha

pineappleunderthesea

It would be interesting if that organizer is all you carry with you. However, it appears that you still need to bring your car fob with you for remote unlock, and now you have two "bulky" things in your pocket as opposed to a fob that has 3 keys attached to it (in my case, my LED light is on my phone, and I never use thumb drives). There's also the paranoid side of me that actually keeps house keys separate from car keys and separate from FZ keys, since losing the organizer means a thief has access to everything should they figure out where you live.

captainfz07
It would be interesting if that organizer is all you carry with you. However, it appears that you still need to bring your car fob with you for remote unlock, and now you have two "bulky" things in your pocket as opposed to a fob that has 3 keys attached to it (in my case, my LED light is on my phone, and I never use thumb drives). There's also the paranoid side of me that actually keeps house keys separate from car keys and separate from FZ keys, since losing the organizer means a thief has access to everything should they figure out where you live.

Yes i agree and can relate to the paranoia:) just like those cell phone/credit card holder cases. But wether i have this keyport or the D-ring i had before, all my keys are always together, but i always have duplicates in case i lose them. And yes you would also have to carry the key fob for your specific car, but if your key is chipped they can pull out the micro chip and insert it into the keyport. Our fz-07 key isnt chipped neither as my other cars. Alot of newer cars are now chipped

bmwpowere36m3

I don't keep all my keys together… just gets to be too much. I try to keep keys in their own groups. Each car has its own key and/or fob plus a house key. Each motorcycle is on its own with just a fabric/plastic fob (easier to identify, but not extra keys to flop around the ignition). Shop keys are on their own…. etc.

If I ride my bike, I grab my beater keys so I have a house key (put in my pocket or backpack).

• Premium Member

I have a keyport 2.0 its fantastic for me, bike, house keys, lock keys, car keys all in the size of tick tacks case and i can use it one handed, easier when i carry stuff into the house without fishing out the keys from my pocket.

Why does your motorcycle key have to be on a key ring to begin with? My key is in the ignition when in the garage and if I go somewhere and get off the bike I put the one key in my pocket. No bulk and it doesn't get lost. In case I do lose a key I carry copies of keys for bike and house in my wallet and I don't even know they're there. I do but I can't feel them. ;)  Just another gadget to me.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Too big; one small key works better for me, since I need no other keys on that "chain."

captainfz07

I keep my keys together because i use them all, all the time. I dont seperate keys because i might need them and if they are at home or inside the garage they do me no good out of my reach. This was a way to have them all organized and together in a neater way than just a loop or key chain. If you lose your home key and get locked out, how do you get your bike key if it isnt with you? What if you go to a storage facility or family house and forget your bike key set doesnt have your lock key or family house key. Thats why i keep all my keys on me.

• Premium Member

I'm fortunate to live somewhere I don't have to lock any of my buildings and of my many vehicles all I can use is ONE at a time-nearly all I ever carry. And, since retiring some years ago, no work/office/file cabinet/storage bin/locker/etc. keys--YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Archived