The MT-07 Forum

Lets see your FZ-07 tool kits!

weazsel

• Premium Member

I wanted to share my little tool kit I put together.

It's based off of the tool kits you see on Revzilla such as this one: CruzTools Metric Tool Kit $85

- 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm crescent wrenches

- 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm 3/8" sockets

- stubby 3/8" ratchet

- full set of metric allen keys on key ring

- vise grips & adjustable wrench

- little screw driver ratchet combo with all different tips

- mechanics wire

- zip ties

This one is just as nice in my opinion for about $50 including the pouch. All harbor freight stuff except the pouch. Obviously HF isn't the best but in a pinch it'll do just fine.

I also purchased a Stop & Go Pocket Tire Plugger with CO2 which I thought would be nice to have if I ever needed it.

Edit: Here is the valve access tool for whoever is interested: Oxford Valve Access Tool

The cool thing is ALL of these stuffs fit under my rear pillion seat with my insurance, registration, copy of MSF course card and 90 degree tire adapter. There's minimal pressure on the hooks and no pressure on the latch mechanism. One added bonus is it gets rid of the pillion seat rattle.

What do you guys have under there?

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

Wish I could fit anything under there, with the MD light controller and fuel controller it is a bit tight in there.

• Premium Member

I actually had my EJK in there with all of the above!

As for the light controller I think fitting all that stuff is asking too much.

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

Guest 2wheeler

I carry the same plug kit under my passenger seat, but I never knew you could get that much more stuff under there - Awesome!

Just out of curiousity sake, what's in that small ziplock, or better yet, would you give us a list of what you have in your whole pack?

Sadly they would never be room in there for a larger ratchet with that 27mm socket for the rear wheel, plus a chain breaker. Although you could find a spot to strap a breaker bar to the bike instead of the large ratchet. The socket and the chain breaker may fit under the passenger seat with some creative packing.

That 90 degree tire adapter looks really useful. I find it very difficult to check and fill the tires with the equipment at the gas stations.
However I can't find it for purchase. Can you provide a better link than the search on ebay?

• Premium Member
That 90 degree tire adapter looks really useful. I find it very difficult to check and fill the tires with the equipment at the gas stations. However I can't find it for purchase. Can you provide a better link than the search on ebay?
What ebay search??  
Here is the link from Revzilla: 

I'll update it on my original post too. Oxford Valve Access Tool Disclaimer: I haven't used it yet so I don't know if it's any good!

• Premium Member
I carry the same plug kit under my passenger seat, but I never knew you could get that much more stuff under there - Awesome! 
Just out of curiousity sake, what's in that small ziplock, or better yet, would you give us a list of what you have in your whole pack?

Sadly they would never be room in there for a larger ratchet with that 27mm socket for the rear wheel, plus a chain breaker. Although you could find a spot to strap a breaker bar to the bike instead of the large ratchet. The socket and the chain breaker may fit under the passenger seat with some creative packing.

The small ziplock is the same small bag you have in your tire plug kit lol. Those are the tire plugs.  I'll update my original post with a list. 
You could probably get a 27mm socket and a small chain tool in there if you were creative like you said. Then strap the bar somewhere!

• Premium Member

A bunch of random stuff in my tool bag, but just about everything I could ever need :)

cB1nX0oh.jpg

• Premium Member
A bunch of random stuff in my tool bag, but just about everything I could ever need :) 

cB1nX0oh.jpg

HOLY Shet YOU FIT ALL THAT STUFF UNDER YOUR SEAT?! :)

• Premium Member

Oh, THAT tool bag...my bad.

:)

- Paulie

Oh, THAT tool bag...my bad.

:)

- Paulie

Lol! For me, somewhere in the garage and no one better move anything! And a friend's number on my phone who is part owner of a towing company!

That 90 degree tire adapter looks really useful. I find it very difficult to check and fill the tires with the equipment at the gas stations. However I can't find it for purchase. Can you provide a better link than the search on ebay?
What ebay search??  
Here is the link from Revzilla: 

I'll update it on my original post too. Oxford Valve Access Tool Disclaimer: I haven't used it yet so I don't know if it's any good!
oops, the word tire is changed to an ebay search for motorcycle tires. I thought you did it on purpose. 

• Premium Member
oops, the word tire is changed to an ebay search for motorcycle tires. I thought you did it on purpose.

Check the add-ons in your browser. You may have something extra that is giving you unwanted advertisements.

Archived