The MT-07 Forum

Another Chinese lever review

zoltan

I've ordered a foldable extendable levers with mt07 logo.

https://imgur.com/a/OClU4

Even though it's from China still costs me £31. Looks good from the distance but that's all.
I don't know if all foldable levers are the same but it has lots of play. When I say a lot I mean a looooooooot.

I've ordered this with a bar end mirror from aliexpress now I'm getting feel that my bike was made in China.

What a waste of money....I learnt my lesson

• Premium Member

I lived in Beijing for seven months and because of my experiences there I try to avoid buying any Chinese stuff whenever possible. The sh*t is cheap for a reason. Spoil that bike!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

You're right I know. 

Take my advice whoever read this: don't believe what you see on picture. No matter what it looks like. What is made in China is a crap. You will end up buying something that you should've bought in the first place.

bmwpowere36m3

Everything from China isn't crap, sure a lot is... the problem isn't being made in China. They simply make what companies spec out and consumers want... a lot times that's producing the "cheap" good. Generally consumers are the ones to blame, because they want everything and they want it NOW. Like Harbor Freight tools... but now their making some really good stuff for the money (usually Taiwan-made). Certainly better than the Craftsman stuff coming from China.

Anyway... yeah, I try to avoid eBay and Alibaba "specials" because you generally get what you pay for. The Chinese levers I got on eBay were actually pretty good for the money ($20 shipped). I got rid of them and splurged on CRGs ($160), much better quality and fit/finish. Eight times better, probably not... but better (diminishing returns). No regrets.

I know you are right. Today most of the stuff is made in China. I've just bought a jbl speaker with outstanding quality even though made in China. They can produce quality items if they want to.

I've showed my new levers to my friend who bought the same but from a different manufacturer in China. And his was much better quality.

• 1 month later...

I bought a set of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clutch-Brake-Levers-for-Yamaha-R1-R6-R125-R15-FZ16-FZ1-MT09-MT07-MT03-FZ6-R3-CNC-/261633571630?var=&hash=item3cea937b2e:m:mCv_Mg_3kvJkj3jKKZGiKcw&vxp=mtr so without a link it's hard to say if we have the same levers, but I'm guessing not because I'm super happy with mine. The bushing comes out of the stock lever and goes into the replacement no issues. Levers are solid, short and completely comparable to the $100 CRG lever I had on one side from the original owner of my bike. Under $20 shipped to my home in the US and they arrived in less than 10 days. I honestly can't imagine how they do it!

Guest ChicagoAJ

I've had $20 Chinese levers on all my bikes, never had one complaint and they've all been good enough quality for me. I don't think I've ever seen a non-Chinese lever in person on any bike I've looked at either, if they had aftermarket levers. You just can't beat it for $20.

Archived