The MT-07 Forum

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 Review

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
My next bike will be bought in winter, on a rainy day. Figure I'll get the best deal then. 2017s will be announced and in the pipeline to give the dealer a sense of urgency. My fz is at 30k miles, 2k worth of mods, at this point it has no resale. I will keep the reliable fz around, allowing me to be more risky with the second bike. Maybe Aprilia Tuono, R1S, etc. But I also like the cheap low maintenance nature of the Suzuki. No better feeling than knowing your bike will start, everytime. So who knows.
I'm in the same boat as far as the FZ goes. 27k miles here and mods...yup, but still more to go though...my next bike, will also be something less frugal on gas and maybe a bit (a lot more) exciting on the acceleration stand point. I really like naked bikes like the FZ-10, Tuono, S1000R and this Suzuki, but I will consider an actual R1 or ZX-10R. Not interested in the 600/636/750 class of Super Sports at all, unless a new really bad ass looking R6 comes out...

SigSide.jpg

Guest ChicagoAJ
My next bike will be bought in winter, on a rainy day. Figure I'll get the best deal then. 2017s will be announced and in the pipeline to give the dealer a sense of urgency. My fz is at 30k miles, 2k worth of mods, at this point it has no resale. I will keep the reliable fz around, allowing me to be more risky with the second bike. Maybe Aprilia Tuono, R1S, etc. But I also like the cheap low maintenance nature of the Suzuki. No better feeling than knowing your bike will start, everytime. So who knows.
I'm in the same boat as far as the FZ goes. 27k miles here and mods...yup, but still more to go though...my next bike, will also be something less frugal on gas and maybe a bit (a lot more) exciting on the acceleration stand point. I really like naked bikes like the FZ-10, Tuono, S1000R and this Suzuki, but I will consider an actual R1 or ZX-10R. Not interested in the 600/636/750 class of Super Sports at all, unless a new really bad ass looking R6 comes out...
There's talk of the next R6 being a 3 cylinder too. They also killed off the CBR600RR this year too. Looks like a lot of people don't care much for the 600cc supersport class anymore. 

Archived