The MT-07 Forum

So I got behind a couple of Harley's yesterday...

howworkclutch

Guest ChicagoAJ
So the Yoshi got 72.52 hp and 51.35 tq baffle in. Akra got 72.75hp and 51.75tq baffle in.
Splitting hairs much aren't we, that is well within error margin of one beating the other.
Yoshi was 72.52 with the intake snorkel out (likely baffle too).  
Akra Ti was 74.03 with the baffle out. 

• Global Moderator
So the Yoshi got 72.52 hp and 51.35 tq baffle in. Akra got 72.75hp and 51.75tq baffle in.
Splitting hairs much aren't we, that is well within error margin of one beating the other.
baffle out akro ti has best flow overall w/ 74 hp 53tq
yoshi w/baffle nets me a funny feeling.in my nether regions, a amile on my face and a wheel in the air on 1-2 shift

i'm going to try removing the baffle to see if my tune will compensate
i have the DNA air filter and lid... the tune was created for the K&N which is slightly more restrictive accoring to a few bench flow tests both DNA has run and I have verified at school (margin of error ±8% on my test)

The issue with the baffle on the yoshi exhaust was due to people not putting enough torque on the retention bolt methinks
ive had mine.in for 12k miles now and havent had any issues

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Guest ChicagoAJ
baffle out akro ti has best flow overall w/ 74 hp 53tq yoshi w/baffle nets me a funny feeling.in my nether regions, a amile on my face and a wheel in the air on 1-2 shift

i have the DNA air filter and lid... the tune was created for the K&N which is slightly more restrictive accoring to a few bench flow tests both DNA has run and I have verified at school (margin of error ±8% on my test)

The issue with the baffle on the yoshi exhaust was due to people not putting enough torque on the retention bolt methinks

According to Nels, baffle in or out shouldn't have any affects on how our bikes run with his tune since the changes are so small (except you gain 1hp down low and lose it up top with it in and gain 1hp up top and lose one down low with it out). Now with the Akra Ti, that statement might not hold true - pretty big difference baffle in or out. 

• Global Moderator
baffle out akro ti has best flow overall w/ 74 hp 53tq yoshi w/baffle nets me a funny feeling.in my nether regions, a amile on my face and a wheel in the air on 1-2 shift

According to Nels, baffle in or out shouldn't have any affects on how our bikes run with his tune since the changes are so small. Now with the Akra Ti, that statement might not hold true - pretty big difference baffle in or out. 
Welp... definitely taking the baffle out when i get a second this afternoon

Yoshi was 72.52 with the intake snorkel out (likely baffle too).  
Akra Ti was 74.03 with the baffle out. 
1.51 horsepower is still within margin of error.

Guest ChicagoAJ
According to Nels, baffle in or out shouldn't have any affects on how our bikes run with his tune since the changes are so small. Now with the Akra Ti, that statement might not hold true - pretty big difference baffle in or out. 
I edited my post - check it out.  

But have your ear plugs ready when you take it out! I didn't even make it out of my subdivision baffle out before I turned around and put it back in. 

• Global Moderator

But have your ear plugs ready when you take it out! I didn't even make it out of my subdivision baffle out before I turned around and put it back in. 
I have the yosh not akro...
i ran it with.the baffle out to begine with... and i loved.it

Guest ChicagoAJ

I have the yosh not akro... i ran it with.the baffle out to begine with... and i loved.it
I'm pretty sure that statement is true for any aftermarket exhaust with a removable baffle. Makes sense, less restrictive loses power down low but flows better up top and vice versa. Some liter bikes make like 15hp more without the baffle - I'd use ear plugs for that kind of gain. 

Archived