The MT-07 Forum

Which windscreen is best for freeway travel?

attackcat109

I use the vstream sport and it keeps wind off my chest. Clean air hits the top of my helmet (I'm 5'8). The best windscreen I've tested by far, and it looks the best too in my opinion.

Guest 2wheeler

I can tell you what's not the best for long distance freeway travel - Givi

I just came back from a 702 mile ride over 1.5 days with most of it being between 50-80mph. The Givi makes a difference, and is better than nothing. It also looks wicked cool, and I got several compliments on the windscreen itself. BUT, it does not cut it for any serious long distance riding, and it actually increases the noise over stock. For my 5'6" body, I did not like how it changed the air flow. It didn't cause any buffeting of my head, but it created air currents that were irritating for lack of a better word.

Next try is going to be a Dart Manta. I'm trying to find a decent compromise of style and function where I do not have to go to one of the bigger touring screens.

• 4 weeks later...

I can only comment on the Givi. I noticed that the faster you go the higher the protection goes. I'm 6 ft. 2 in. and at 70 mph or under the turbulence is well below my helmet. 70 and up it rises and gets to the helmet and starts making noise. I wear earplugs so it doesn't bother me.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Premium Member

I've only owned the Givi, but the more mods I make, the more I like it. With Lower bars (Renthal Ultra Low), rearsets, and bar end mirrors, the wind seems smooth and tolerable to 80-85. I'm 5'10" and at 75-80, the wind starts hitting me at about the bottom of my neck. That's when the helmet I'm wearing makes a bigger difference then the screen. :)

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived