The MT-07 Forum

Undertail exhaust

iluvspdtt

Found this exhaust and wanted to share and get thoughts. Personally, I'd rather see it in black but that's just me. If I could sell me current exhaust I think I'd be buying it for sure.

00909_lpllxHioVTR_600x450_zpst5k1kzvx.jpg

00404_NJAu2MM2V3_600x450_zpsr9tfs4p4.jpg

00v0v_84wtl6I0jpz_600x450_zpsczadz3zo.jpg

00I0I_1d7wHJOo7R4_600x450_zps5qithtra.jpg

01010_1xo1l2MqWAz_600x450_zpsrz667rve.jpg

• Premium Member

Where is the exhaust being sold or made? Any sound clips? Would love to hear how it sounds.

I found it on Craigslist. It's a one off exhaust, the bike was never fired up with it on so they don't know what it sounds like and it just says to make a reasonable offer. It's all stainless steel.

AlbatrossCafe
I found it on Craigslist. It's a one off exhaust, the bike was never fired up with it on so they don't know what it sounds like and it just says to make a reasonable offer. It's all stainless steel.
So this guy made the effort to fabricate & install it but couldn't be bothered to turn the bike on for 10 seconds? lol .... Sounds a little sketchy. Maybe exhaust leaks and they didn't want to be liable for it. I'd also be worried about the heat melting that plastic underneath the tail, esp if the exhaust has the chance to bounce around and hit in places. I'd have to apply some heat-shield tape all over before I felt OK with it.  
Looks like there is no muffler. Straight pipe sounds good but is unreasonably (RIDICULOUSLY) loud for every-day use. I wouldn't pay much, but it would be fun to mess with.

• Premium Member

Can't imagine the heat your back would feel sitting in trafic let alone the noise as it's now up higher and closer to your ears... I personally would not get this exhaust, does not fit bike over all look and theme and I can always picture let's say the Ole lady accidentally grabbing the hot exhaust tips by accident more than once... I love my Leo Vince exhaust :)
I really do feel like I have seen this exhaust posted over a year ago here...I do wanna say it may have been a " mock up prototype" to see if the FZ masses are interested in this type of exhaust before that person actually invested more $ into to sell to the FZ market...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Sorry, I don't like how they styled it. It looks all wrong, like a redneck got a hold of it.

[attachment id=1983" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

They said they built it with the idea of selling it but decided to go with something simpler. Honestly, I like my ixil ixrace exhaust but I wouldn't mind having that one either. I'm sure it could be fitted with baffles and some black ceramic coating should keep the heat down.

berettatrio

It's interesting that's for sure. I don't like the look of it, just feels like it doesn't fit the the bike quite right. I love where my M4 sits.

Archived