The MT-07 Forum

Ball Bearings

enupe

• Premium Member

Does anyone know what the size of the ball bearings that are in the Evotech Shorty Clutch Levers, or the general size in most adjustable clutch levers?

• Premium Member
@pgeldz do you have any idea?

I don't off hand, but I can ask around...

• Premium Member
@pgeldz do you have any idea?
I don't off hand, but I can ask around...
Thanks

bmwpowere36m3

Do you have the old bearings? Usually their markings on the seal or edge of the race (6902-2RS, 6003-RS, etc.)… If, not you can measure them or if you don't have them try contacting Evotech.

• Premium Member
Do you have the old bearings? Usually their markings on the seal or edge of the race (6902-2RS, 6003-RS, etc.)… If, not you can measure them or if you don't have them try contacting Evotech.
Already emailed Evotech. The other ball bearing is still inside. Sounds dumd buy how do I measure it? And what is the race?

• Global Moderator
He's talking about the detent ball bearing inside the adjuster... correct @enupe?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

Head to an ace hardware/true value
they should have something in the bolt/hardware section

• Premium Member

Nope! NAPA, Fastenal, Advanved Auto Parts, Auto Zone, Home Depot, and Harbor Freight all don't carry it. I'll tey a True Value tomorrow. Do you know the size? The other one is still in there and I don't want to take it back out. Sounds stupid but it's not the easiest thing to get back in.

• Global Moderator

I dont... sorry
just take the on you have with ya
They should have a drill bit sizing card... use that to find out

bmwpowere36m3

So you need just the ball? Their simply sized by diameter... locally a bicycle or skate shop might have them, Sears hardware around me has them. Fastenal should be able to get them: https://www.fastenal.com/products?r=~%7Ccategoryl1:%22600930%20Raw%20Materials%22%7C~%20~%7Ccategoryl2:%22611735%20Ball%20Stock%22%7C~%20~%7Ccategoryl3:%22600931%20Balls%22%7C~

VXP online, eBay, etc... Just need to know the size, i.e., diameter.

• Premium Member
I dont... sorry just take the on you have with ya
They should have a drill bit sizing card... use that to find out
I think this would be best.  I wasn't able to find out @enupe without having one in front of me... 
- Paulie

Archived