The MT-07 Forum

EJK over other options.

felipejd

Hi you all.

After installing a Yoshimura full system, I think the next step is to get a Fuel injection controller.

After reading specs from a couple of options, I think Dobeck's EJK fills my need. The option to be configured directly is the break point to me.

Any thoughts?.

Grettings!. 

Sounds like you've already made up your mind. EJK is fine, go for it.

bigdaddybane

EJK is a great product, easy to install and even easier to adjust based on your preference ... I'd say go for it.

EJK is a great product, easy to install and even easier to adjust based on your preference ... I'd say go for it.
Thanks bud !

If you plan to do any future performance enhancements, I would consider the PCV since it comes with an O2 optimizer (keep your sensor hooked up) and the ability to map the ignition as well as fueling and in each gear. Since I know little more about the PCV then I just wrote, you might want to contact JD Hord, one of our vendors and talk to him about the advantages of this set up. I'm running the Yoshi ex. and Hords performance airbox kit with the PCV he mapped for this configuration and it runs fantastic, his mapping isn't overly aggressive on ignition advance so pulls from down low like stock only enhanced and continues to pull hard throughout the rpm range with no hint of detonation on 87 oct. It runs the same at 65*F. in the morning as it does at 95*F. in traffic. He is also continuing to data log and develop his maps and further develop the -07 engine. I believe JD told me that if I wanted, 6th gear could be configured for enhanced economy or we could just add a second switchable map (I think I got that right). I'm still a little lacking in understanding on just what the PCV can do but for little more than the price of a flash I think it's worth looking into.

Note that the PCV will not add fuel to the idle decel fuel cut so you've still got that engine braking, I'm not to keen on it so will at some point flash ecu for this alone.

Any way, just something else to think about.

If you plan to do any future performance enhancements, I would consider the PCV since it comes with an O2 optimizer (keep your sensor hooked up) and the ability to map the ignition as well as fueling and in each gear. Since I know little more about the PCV then I just wrote, you might want to contact JD Hord, one of our vendors and talk to him about the advantages of this set up. I'm running the Yoshi ex. and Hords performance airbox kit with the PCV he mapped for this configuration and it runs fantastic, his mapping isn't overly aggressive on ignition advance so pulls from down low like stock only enhanced and continues to pull hard throughout the rpm range with no hint of detonation on 87 oct. It runs the same at 65*F. in the morning as it does at 95*F. in traffic. He is also continuing to data log and develop his maps and further develop the -07 engine. I believe JD told me that if I wanted, 6th gear could be configured for enhanced economy or we could just add a second switchable map (I think I got that right). I'm still a little lacking in understanding on just what the PCV can do but for little more than the price of a flash I think it's worth looking into. 
Note that the PCV will not add fuel to the idle decel fuel cut so you've still got that engine braking, I'm not to keen on it so will at some point flash ecu for this alone.

Any way, just something else to think about.

Interesting!! Thanks for sharing it.

No problem, just thought I'd add that the PCV for the -07 with fueling and ignition is a small single box, no add on ignition module and the O2 optimizer is about the size of a half pack of gum, it sits in a niche just behind the battery and the PCV module is in the boot under the rear seat.

I have no way myself to quantify the performance gains of my current set up other than seat of the pants, I'm a senior, don't race or do good wheelies but I just got back from a short solo ride in which I decided to just grab a handful of throttle in first gear at about 5-10 mph, no clutch, pulling back on bars, bouncing the front etc., the little bike almost left me sitting in the street, it immediately went vertical and scared the crap out of me! I mean vertical not almost vertical. My bike was bought second hand with the Yoshi and I never tried this maneuver so I can't say if a stock -07 is so responsive on throttle alone but now it's got me thinking of maybe going down one tooth on the rear for cruise and wouldn't hurt to stretch the wheel base a little. Coming back on the freeway at 70 mph, about 5K rpm the fuel meter read 55-57 mpg and average for the ride said 61 mpg, I have zero idea if this is even close to reality until I actually do a refill and calculate...Mark

Archived