The MT-07 Forum

SC project afm (air fuel modifier)

zoltan

I'm going to change the exhaust and the air filter soon and am thinking to get PC or something like that.
I've come across with SC project product http://www.sc-project.com/afm_e.htm
It's only €160+ delivery which way cheaper than PC or bazzaz
or those two is really worth it to buy over any fuel management system? What's the difference?

My preference is to get a quality dyno supported EFI reflash, HOWEVER...
My partner has a KTM 690 Duke 2013. The stock fuelling was so bad that she hated the bike it it was actually downright dangerous in some situations. If the bike had been running at constant throttle and you needed to accellerate it would actually LOSE power before it accellerated. That would stand the bike up in corners and try to run wide. The stock fuelling is a 2 loop system one for low rpm and constant throttle and one for high rpm and acceleration. If you power commander them the ECU just relearns the new conditions and adjusts itself back AND it only works on one loop. A guy in Brisbane designed two plug-ins ( one for each loop) that fooled the bike into running a proper mix and the upper one was adjustable ( like the SC). Once we found the correct setting it was a completely different bike and she loved it again.
NOW , I cannot say the SC will work as well , but if it does it will be worth the money.
There is a guy in Denmark that makes a similiar non adjustable product for BMW's and others but it only works on the lower loop ( unless he has got around to building the one for the other loop).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Booster plug has been around for years. Very well made product but he has made them for some bikes that the ECU just learns around them ( like my F800R BMW).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived