The MT-07 Forum

Pics of some mods and a couple of things I noticed

wesleyc6

Hi,
   I am not sure if I posted this in the right place, but wanted to share my bike and share a thing or two I learned with these.  So I have Renthal bars and I learned that mine are 13mm opening when searching for bar ends. They were very easy to install and I drilled holes for the nubs on the controls.  It was not hard at all.   My bar ends were about $9 at CycleGear. They fit both sizes of bars because they come with two different sized bushings.  Super easy to install.  I bought the levers ($29) from China.   Very straight forward with those even though I have never changed levers before.  These are the flip-up type.  The windscreen was $27.45 with shipping from China and I had to bend the brackets a little, and bought longer screws that were black from Lowes.  The rear sets were $97 from China and what was really cool is that since they use spacers, I was able to convert mine to GP shift and had to do NO modifying. I couldn't find anything online really to help me with it, so I started it last night after the UFC TUF finale and was finished by about 3am. I will say those took a little tinkering because I didn't know how any of that part of my bike worked.  I spent a long time trying to figure out how to take the shift rod apart before I read that is was a pressed on part lol and saw they sent a bolt on replacement with the sets.  I didn't change anything and the brake light worked perfect right off the bat. The rear spools are also from China, $20 and took 5 minutes to install. One thing to know is that Pit Bulls restraint system won't work with the spools on.  They are super easy to remove though, so no biggie.  Most of the stuff from China was here in 1.5 weeks or less and the rear sets took about 2.5 weeks.  I bought the tail tidy off of eBay too and the integrated tail light was from the states. Those took  while to do. I think it was $100ish from motodynamics. The little blinkers were a super easy change and were under $20.  The mirrors were $33 from China.  I had to buy a couple of nuts to make them work correctly, but they did come with left hand thread and right hand thread, so that was great! Well here are a few pics. 
IMG_7170.jpg
IMG_7169.jpg
IMG_7172.jpg
IMG_7173.jpg
IMG_7168.jpg
IMG_7171.jpg

How are those rearsets, are they position higher than stock or can they be adjusted to higher than stock? For $100 that's not bad.

Greatness

How are those rearsets, are they position higher than stock or can they be adjusted to higher than stock? For $100 that's not bad.
They are quite a bit higher.  They are adjustable and the toe piece on the lever is adjustable in and out too.  I don't know how to really measure it for you, but on the stock set the foot peg is almost in line with the bottom bolt hole and on the new ones they are almost in line with the top hole. So if you go look at your bike, just imagine the pegs almost as high as the top bolt hole. 

Looking good!
Thanks. I think I am going to get some blue frame sliders and that will be about it for blue.  The only other things I can think of that I would really like to do would be to maybe get something to make it sound a little better and get it flashed. 

Thanks. I might have to get me a pair. I'm pretty sure I can sell them down the line if I don't like them. Better than spending $350+ for a name brand one :)

Greatness

Thanks. I might have to get me a pair. I'm pretty sure I can sell them down the line if I don't like them. Better than spending $350+ for a name brand one :)
Let me know what you think.  They were great guys to work with!

Archived