The MT-07 Forum

Leo Vince Perfromance?

atwater

Hello all, 

After hunting around for an exhaust thinking I'm going to go with the leo but can't find alot of information on any kind of performance besides the one dyne chart from 2wheeldynoworks that showed it on the lower end of the the exhausts available. Anyone who went with this pipe find any other info?

booboobusfz07

Dunno about graphs or numbers. But I f##king love mine. No fuel controller, no silencer.
Love the growl this thing has. Loud enough without being absurd. I don't go deaf on the highway but plenty loud on the streets.

Dunno about performance. Had it so long I forgot what riding without it felt like. Bike still runs great. Zero issues without the fuel controller.

Don't order it through revzilla. I got mine through omnia racing for like 550$

Most exhausts are going to be in the same area performance wise. Find the one that sounds and looks good to you and you'll be happier in the long run. Cause 1hp isn't worth an ugly or shitty sounding exhaust to me

Just ordered mine, I really wanted an underslung pipe as it looks great & keeps centre of gravity low..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

The performance is on par with other brands +/- a HP here or there as the same with TQ... I love the tucked look of the exhaust..the angles compliment the bike...the sound is like NO OTHER!! I am finding I am starting to keep the exhaust baffle in... It really helps soften the engine braking and I do feel it to be a tad more powerful off the bottom then the non baffle set up... Team Leo Vince is small but proud of these wonderful " Italian Lunchboxes"

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

As previously mentioned, go for the model you like aesthetically and soundwise - Leo Vince is an int'l well-known brand, at least throughout Europe. I'd give it a shot if you like it!

I myself have a Termignoni and it is not common either for the FZ-07. :)

Safe riding!

Be careful on tall speedbumps ice scrapedo mine a few times.
Jeez you are right dude, the pipe sits very low, I am in London with speed bumps everywhere & I have to be super careful!  
Great pipe though, sounds & looks awesome!

booboobusfz07

Most bumps you'll be fine. I only really have issues with crazy tall or long ones. One on my street in my complex is both tall and long so unless I put a foot down or go round I'm screwed lol.

So I did end up going with the Leo. Im glad i did! Sounds great very raspy and really makes this bike sound like a beast. Baffle in is just loud enough for daily driving, with it out its fairly loud almost to much for me. Was easy to install and looks very clean. I haven't had any issues with ground clearance going up driveways and over speed bumps haven't heard it touch yet. Ordered it from omniaracing took 1 week to get it to the states for only 550$! Honestly with the question i had with performance its impossible to tell by riding it. I feel like its got more but it could also be that I'm way harder on the throttle now just to hear the bike. 2nd gear power wheelies are almost to easy it seems. I put an EJK by Dobeck performance found some setting in the forum that seem to be ok little rich down low I think but runs great above 3k rpm. If anyones got some others to try or an idea how to play with this to get a good setting for the baffle out i would be interested. Still learning this ejk never played with fuel injection before only carbs. 

Sept 4, 2015 14:28:17 GMT -5 atvfrk10 said:
Since the Leo Vince is a similar setup to the Ixil SX1 Full System Exhaust, I used those numbers and it runs fantastic!
Leo Vince - Baffle In - Snorkel Off =

G - 5.5
Y - 6.0
R - 5.5
GB - 3.5
YB - 3.0
RB - 1.0

• Premium Member
So I did end up going with the Leo. Im glad i did! Sounds great very raspy and really makes this bike sound like a beast. Baffle in is just loud enough for daily driving, with it out its fairly loud almost to much for me. Was easy to install and looks very clean. I haven't had any issues with ground clearance going up driveways and over speed bumps haven't heard it touch yet. Ordered it from omniaracing took 1 week to get it to the states for only 550$! Honestly with the question i had with performance its impossible to tell by riding it. I feel like its got more but it could also be that I'm way harder on the throttle now just to hear the bike. 2nd gear power wheelies are almost to easy it seems. I put an EJK by Dobeck performance found some setting in the forum that seem to be ok little rich down low I think but runs great above 3k rpm. If anyones got some others to try or an idea how to play with this to get a good setting for the baffle out i would be interested. Still learning this ejk never played with fuel injection before only carbs.  
Sept 4, 2015 14:28:17 GMT -5 atvfrk10 said:
Since the Leo Vince is a similar setup to the Ixil SX1 Full System Exhaust, I used those numbers and it runs fantastic!
Leo Vince - Baffle In - Snorkel Off =

G - 5.5
Y - 6.0
R - 5.5
GB - 3.5
YB - 3.0
RB - 1.0

I believe you are the first to use the leovince exhaust with an EJK...all others have gotten the ECU reflashed or a select few have done nothing... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

You can also rent an AFR meter from Dobeck and use that to help tune...I actually use the stock ECU map and leovince exhaust for almost 6 months till someone got with 2wdw for an ECU reflash...night and day diffrence

• 2 months later...

Pulling the trigger on one of these as we speak, to good a deal to pass up. 530 shipped from UK to Philippines via UPS. I vacillated about Akro TI (to pricey, but pretty, best performance), the Yoshi (sticks out too much) and the lunch box. Lunch box won.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed with stock ECU so far. baffle in is loud in my opinion, have not had the baffle out yet. Love the sound, some popping on hard lower gear decels but otherwise not bad. I scrapped one speed bump already just forgot to slow down, actually mine is only 10mm lower than stock, not enough to make a big dif. will be running a booster plug for a while, then a proper reflash with 2WDW, after adding a DNA stage 2.
IMG_20161111_144315.jpg

• Premium Member

The 2wdw will definitely help out as 2wdw turns the deceleration injection back on which makes the deceleration popping almost non existent... I rode a while year on the stock fuel mapping before 2wdw had a flash for Leo Vince... After The 2wdw flash I put the baffle in the parts bin... You can also probably go with a stock USA spec airbox lid which does away with all the EU spec flapper system... Since you do not have the 2wdw flash yet the engine braking and deceleration popping will be way more noticeable if you remove the baffle, I find the baffle softens up the engine braking and helps reduce deceleration popping...I enjoyed and missed the deceleration burble/crackle the Leo Vince made prior to 2wdw flash...according to my research the Leo Vince system was designed to be used with the catalytic converter and the little 5 hole disk plate on the OEM fuel mapping...

The 2wdw will definitely help out as 2wdw turns the deceleration injection back on which makes the deceleration popping almost non existent... I rode a while year on the stock fuel mapping before 2wdw had a flash for Leo Vince... After The 2wdw flash I put the baffle in the parts bin... You can also probably go with a stock USA spec airbox lid which does away with all the EU spec flapper system... Since you do not have the 2wdw flash yet the engine braking and deceleration popping will be way more noticeable if you remove the baffle, I find the baffle softens up the engine braking and helps reduce deceleration popping...I enjoyed and missed the deceleration burble/crackle the Leo Vince made prior to 2wdw flash...according to my research the Leo Vince system was designed to be used with the catalytic converter and the little 5 hole disk plate on the OEM fuel mapping...
I wondered what that 5 hole disk was, I assumed for some Euro compliance, anyway threw it out. I didn't find the references to it in my little bit of searching around. I think this thing is super loud with the baffle in! have not tried taking it out yet, may next week after the booster plug thingy. It enrichens the A/F 6% across the range at a constant rate regardless of air temp. It is more or less a safegaurd, stop gap until I get all my parts over the next few months, plus I am just curious about the thing. 
All good reports from you, Just talked to TWDW and he has a map now for the LeoVince and DNA thingy, but still thinking of molding my own top from resin and fumed silica and chopped glass. Should not be to hard to make a clay impression. I molded a lot of airplane parts years ago. Now a 3D printer would be ideal, but I would need a part to scan into CAD or draw something from scratch. Being semi retired has its' advantages. :)

curious in your experience was the map tuned to baffle in or baffle out or does it make much dif?

• Premium Member

The 2wdw flash is for baffle out...baffle in required a different map I believe due to enough of a difference in fuel trims between the 2( it smells way richer with baffle in)... After the flash I still use the baffle when the ole lady rides 2up for less noise for passenger comfort...The baffle in after Flash still softens up the deceleration but offers more bottom end punch then the unbaffled exhaust according to my highly calibrated seat of the pants dyno due to my hearing impairment ☺...
I can also part my stock air box lid for the price of shipping if you need to use it for a mold or etc,I have no need for it, just send me a PM..

Archived