The MT-07 Forum

M4 exhaust update

scordiaboy515

scordiaboy515

Just got off the phone with the people from M4, the prototype is done and the dyno runs completed. The system will be just like the FZ-09, you cut off the box just in front of the O2 sensor and use the oem header....so it will be a slip-on. It will require some basic fabrication skills to install.  They claim about 2 1/2 hp and the torque loses just a smiggin, and that's with no remapping and stock air filter.  Weight savings will be about 9 lbs. Should see it on the web site in 2-3 weeks...........http://www.m4exhaust.com/index.html

scordiaboy515

What I was told it's only about 1/2 lb/ft, it's has a very flat torque curve with just a little dip at 6500rpm,  not a big deal. It might not even be noticeable......I will probably go with this unit because of the price point.  With a FC and K&N it should bring everything back and then some.....maybe 70 rwhp???

WOW, for the price point that is HARD to beat, be interested to hear a video clip of what one sounds like on the FZ07, I like the carbon fiber look, prefer Akro, and know it is a full system vs. slipon, but M4 was put on the STG FZ09

Someone buy one plz :)

• Premium Member

If its priced anything like the FZ-09 exhaust then it's got my money.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Although you get what you pay for, Akro CF definitely looks better and will have better stats on the dyno.

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

scordiaboy515

not yet, I check there web site every few days.  It should be available in Sep as should the Cox radiator guard.

scordiaboy515

Talked to the people at M4 yesterday, they are presently working on pricing and should be ready to get them on the market in 1-2 weeks and on the web site.  Guessing somewhere in the $450.00 range, they said there is more to it to make than the FZ-09.

Talked to the people at M4 yesterday, they are presently working on pricing and should be ready to get them on the market in 1-2 weeks and on the web site.  Guessing somewhere in the $450.00 range, they said there is more to it to make than the FZ-09.
AWESOME NEWS!!!!!

I wonder if they only said that because it is a new bike. Either way I am excited and want to see, hear then own it:)

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is on the way, hopefully Friday I will take delivery.  Sunday I will do the install, take pics and post them when I get done with the test ride.  I do believe I will have the first one.

If anyone is interested, I have a full M4 exhaust for sale. It's the same as the slip on system but with primary tubes that they manufactured that have a small equalizer between the tubes to help torque output. 

• Global Moderator

Hi @jgpmt. First post I see. Welcome. Feel free to introduce yourself.

If you want  to sell, you might want to post your M4 exhaust here  (we don't have a parts for sale section yet). Please read the guidelines and add your location and asking price too.

If anyone is interested, I have a full M4 exhaust for sale. It's the same as the slip on system but with primary tubes that they manufactured that have a small equalizer between the tubes to help torque output. 
Why are you selling it?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong area.
The reason I am selling it is because I commute on my bike early in the morning, I believe it is probably a bit too loud.
I let them use my bike to do there prototype and dyno testing, I was not interested in cutting the stock exhaust so I requested they build me a full system for the use of my bike but have decided to keep the stock exhaust.
It is a one off and does not require cutting the stock system.
It is still in bubble wrap never installed.
Probably not going to find it on EBay.
If interested you can PM me.

Thanks

Just wanted to post that I decided to go ahead and install the M4 exhaust on my bike, it is a bit loud and I am concerned that my neighbors are going to hate me.....but this thing sounds friggin awesome. If you are considering an M4 I will have to say the sound is amazing a bit on the loud side but incredible exhaust note and the power is very good with no discernible loss of torque. 

Just wanted to post that I decided to go ahead and install the M4 exhaust on my bike, it is a bit loud and I am concerned that my neighbors are going to hate me.....but this thing sounds friggin awesome. If you are considering an M4 I will have to say the sound is amazing a bit on the loud side but incredible exhaust note and the power is very good with no discernible loss of torque. 

A day late as usual...was gonna buy this off you. Glad you like it. How much was the full system?

it only cost me the use of my bike for 2 weeks and the fact that I let them run it on the dyne with only 100 mis on it !
I am not sure what they would charge for a full system because that was not there original intent, they built a one off for me.
They can probably build one for a couple hundred bucks more but you would have to call them and ask for sure.

• Premium Member
Just wanted to post that I decided to go ahead and install the M4 exhaust on my bike,.....

I applaud your decision to go ahead and install the exhaust.

Your neighbors will recognize that you're trying to be considerate in the morning when they finally get to hear how loud it really is.

Archived