The MT-07 Forum

Does this bike have an idle adjustment screw (or similar)?

AlbatrossCafe

AlbatrossCafe

On my last bike (Honda 2005 CBR 600 F4i), there was a knob you could turn to adjust the idle RPMs

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWCwzZn5KMA]

Is there anything like this on the FZ? Or maybe a cable or something I can adjust? I find it idles a bit high for my taste.

And I want to do this without re-flashing my ECU.

• Global Moderator

If memory serves, I am pretty sure @Guru had the dealer increase his idle using the diagnostic port. Hopefully he will chime in with an answer.

bmwpowere36m3

Bike's FI, so its all controlled via the ECU… either dealer program or aftermarket. Most find the idle a tad low, in combination with fueling leads to some stumbling and stalling.

AlbatrossCafe
Bike's FI, so its all controlled via the ECU… either dealer program or aftermarket. Most find the idle a tad low, in combination with fueling leads to some stumbling and stalling.
The F4i I had (and the RR above) are also fuel injected but still had that knob adjustment (which was stock). Who knows how that worked. Oh well. 

Mine idles at roughly between 1000 to 1200 RPM

Akra titanium no db killer, Vagabond rear fender eliminator, Cyclone LED headlight

Guest Ralph

Only way is via the diagnostics, don't be tempted to mess with the screw on the
throttle body it is only there to stop the butterflies closing to the point
were they jam, tickover is around 1100 + or - 50 rpm hot it's a little higher cold.
The rev counter only shows 200 rpm jumps so you cant get a really accurate reading.

Archived