The MT-07 Forum

New member from SE ohio

bubb1

PHi my name is Hayden, New member from ohio with a silver and blurple 2016 FZ-07. Just purchased my bike about a month ago and love it so far. Got a sweet deal on it and couldn’t pass it up. I’m coming from a KTM 690 duke. So far i have just a akrapovic titanium exhaust, PCV and tail tidy from yoshimura. I really like the bike so far. It’s very light weight and flickable like my duke was but way more comfortable for longer rides and commuting. I’m looking forward to learning more about the bike and doing some more mods. So cheers to all from Ohio! Happy ridinimage.jpeg

• Premium Member

Welcome, @bubb1 !
a new bike but no pictures?!?!  :P

Welcome, @bubb1 ! a new bike but no pictures?!?!  :P

Haha will post some! Been raining a lot this last week so I haven't gotten out of the garage.

I have been considering both the FZ07 and the duke 690. Tell us more about the comparison between the two.

I have been considering both the FZ07 and the duke 690. Tell us more about the comparison between the two.

I had the previous duke with the dual projector headlights. It had better suspension and brakes(fully adjustable wp/brembo). Seat height was high and uncomfortable. It was narrow like a motard. Duke had good power but below 4,000 rpm was rough being a single. Slipper clutch was nice though. It cost more upfront. Exhaust and programmer type upgrades were very limited. Those that did aftermarket exhausts typically had issues. It was a good bike and super fun to ride but after about 30 minutes riding I was usually starting to experience pain.
So far the Yamaha seems way more comfortable. No pain on longer rides. I can get both feet on the ground.(I'm 5'10") Power is great and low end torque is great and smooth. Suspension isn't as good but exceptable and brakes are softer. Yamaha has more info on display like a fuel gauge. Duke only had a low warning indicator. Headlight is better on the Yamaha stock for stock.
Overall they are both great bikes for the money. I would recommend both. Depends on the individual and they're riding style. I do mostly twisty back roads to and from work so I like the comfort of the Yamaha better. Plus it sounds awesome with a aftermarket exhaust and tune. Hope that helps. Feel free to ask more questions. I'm happy to help. I know the new 690 is different so they may be a little more comparable as far as comfort and suspension goes now. Still think you could probably get the Yamaha cheaper.

Welcome from an X Buckeye! Those dual projector headlights would sure look good on my FZ-7! I wonder ......  8-|

Beemer

• 2 months later...

Archived