The MT-07 Forum

I hit a deer

manny826

I had this posted on the fz-07 Facebook page for a few days now but I wanted to post this on here just to make everyone aware and hopefully be a little more careful when riding. On Thursday I was on my way in to town on rt 93 PA. It's a 55 mph road and I was doing about that maybe 60 mph following traffic. Now I just purchased a new shoei RF-1200 helmet and it was my first time using it, so I remember just thinking about it and judging it and then bam!!! A baby deer jumps out right in front of me. When I reacted it was to late to hit my breaks So I hit it dead on with my front tire on to its stomach but managed to keep control of the bike and stay on it. Thank god! Had blood, crap and guts all over my gear and my bike. Only thing that broke was my left side front fender and bracket and my right side reflector. I am very thankful that I didn't go down and it wasn't a bigger deer. It could have been a lot worse.

So just be aware of animals in your area. Here are some pictures also of course and last but not least R.I.P BAMBI!
b8d650e0748082b2d8cdea5c696ac98b.jpg23a8069d0cbe95c5dcebbf05a77c4d2a.jpg4e2f1cb240f40a83482f59ffc527ffad.jpg2dbdef8fc904ed4ceb5477cff949087e.jpg0af66790cc2e48b551222fe1b85463ec.jpg27cb24ae8c13be39d17c8d4cdf8b9e6b.jpg9743f3146a15131814fe7f5ec76dca9f.jpg

Guest Ralph

Stupid animals don't see cars and bikes as a threat so ignore them
had one of the stupid things running at the side of me for about
200 yards the other day you just don't know what they will do next
even fending it off with my boot did not work, but get off the bike
or out the car and they are gone like a rocket.

I call that really lucky. Glad the only damage was to the bike and the stupid deer gene pool.

twowheeladdict

It was probably a good thing that you didn't have time to brake. All of your weight would have been forward and you might have lost control.

Glad it worked out for you, and thanks for posting the gross photos. Now go clean that crap off the bike. :)

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member

@manny826 Damn man. The carnage... glad to hear you are unscathed. Thanks for the friendly reminder regarding wildlife

• Premium Member
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o:o

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
Where is the picture of the deer?
I asked him to remove it.  A graphic photo of a dead deer could be upsetting to some, and really doesn't add anything to the discussion.

yamahazaki

Odd that I find the intestinal contents more disturbing than blood. (rofl)

bernard1414
Stupid animals don't see cars and bikes as a threat so ignore them had one of the stupid things running at the side of me for about
Haha you think these animals are stupid? Maybe you should think about using proper grammar and sentence structure before calling anything stupid :P 
Anyways OP, glad to see you're alright! 

yamahazaki
Stupid animals don't see cars and bikes as a threat so ignore them had one of the stupid things running at the side of me for about
Haha you think these animals are stupid? Maybe you should think about using proper grammar and sentence structure before calling anything stupid :P 
Anyways OP, glad to see you're alright! 
Dude, I don't know about you, but unless animals begin to manufacture cars and publish books, yes, I would think animals in general are stupid.  Even the most stupid human is still smarter than an animal.   

bernard1414
Dude, I don't know about you, but unless animals begin to manufacture cars and publish books, yes, I would think animals in general are stupid.  Even the most stupid human is still smarter than an animal. 
Saying an animal is stupid because it cant do what humans can do, thats like saying bicycles are horrible boats because they don't do what boats do. Even the worst boat is better at being a boat then a bicycle is. Get where I am going at? Animals are smart in their own context, such a bicycle is good at doing bicycle things, unless you buy a huffy, then my friend, you have a problem on your hands. 
Its not the deers fault for running into the road, or running along the road, or shitting in your backyard. They are just being deers, not stupid.

Also, I don't work for PETA.

yamahazaki
Saying an animal is stupid because it cant do what humans can do, thats like saying bicycles are horrible boats because they don't do what boats do. Even the worst boat is better at being a boat then a bicycle is. Get where I am going at? Animals are smart in their own context, such a bicycle is good at doing bicycle things, unless you buy a huffy, then my friend, you have a problem on your hands. 
Its not the deers fault for running into the road, or running along the road, or shetting in your backyard. They are just being deers, not stupid.

That sentiment is fine and all but an implied insult to another human for calling a deer stupid is... well, pretty stupid.  I can't stand the world today where people seem to deem one animal more important than one human.

pineappleunderthesea
Animals are smart in their own context, such a bicycle is good at doing bicycle things, unless you buy a huffy, then my friend, you have a problem on your hands.
I want to know more about this Huffy predicament...sounds like a good off-topic discussion...

Guest ChicagoAJ
Its not the deers fault for running into the road, or running along the road, or shetting in your backyard. They are just being deers, not stupid.

If you want to get technical about grammar/syntax... 

@manny826 - Glad you're alright. It could've been much, much worse. 

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Sucks for your bike and the deer. Glad you got through the ordeal without physical injury.

Archived