The MT-07 Forum

Considering a FZ-07

dann003

I was in the same boat as @zoltan , but truly, it is dependent on the individuals on a case by case basis. For some people, the FZ07 is way too much bike. For others, it still feels like a beginner bike. But alas for the latter, it usually means you've already been on a 1000cc 150hp machine. Don't get me wrong, the FZ07 is more than enough for anybody, but relative to stronger machines, it is just too easy and too relaxing a bike. Its balanced, and light and that is its laurel. 
If the fz07 is your only bike, it is definitely in your best interest to appreciate the **** out of what you have. But for some, its just not enough. So we end up with multiple bikes. My fz07 is the nice, relaxing bike. I take it out when I don't want to deal with anything. Like speed or cops or people trying to race me. Just a nice relaxing, no-thinking ride with just enough power.
I get people trying to race me literally almost every time I'm out when I'm just cruising along on my FZ. 
Its funny.  I guess it depends on where one lives.  2 years in and not one person ever raced me or ever accelerated fast against me on a red to green stoplight on the fz07.  Yet on my other bikes, all too often.  Even a freaking truck peeled out against me on on my kawasaki.  Sad thing is, to date, I've "lost" every single one of these races.  (rofl)

Guest ChicagoAJ
I get people trying to race me literally almost every time I'm out when I'm just cruising along on my FZ. 
Its funny.  I guess it depends on where one lives.  2 years in and not one person ever raced me or ever accelerated fast against me on a red to green stoplight on the fz07.  Yet on my other bikes, all too often.  Even a freaking truck peeled out against me on on my kawasaki.  Sad thing is, to date, I've "lost" every single one of these races.  (rofl)
Around my area like 85% of sport bikers are dbags, they don't even wave. However, nearly every rider on a cruiser I've pulled up next to has either fist bumped me or started a conversation. Not saying all rocket riders are dbags, but the majority around here seem to be. It's usually the biggest, meanest looking dudes that are super nice. Kind of funny. 

• Premium Member

The FZ-07 will fit the bill..I have owned crotch rockets and dirt bikes well before I ever heard of the fz'07 till almost 2yr ago... it's a super super low maintenance bike, cheap to replace parts, only need to upgrade suspension to match your ride style and weight (suspension alone Will transform this bike into a real fz-07)...this bike is awesome..I have had brand new riders take her for a spin around the parking lot,even ppl with 20+ yrs of riding aND racing come back and seriously consider getting a 700 or a 900...as for the ABS thingmajimmy it is a huge huge pet peeve of mine and if the fz-07 had ABS I would have takn it off the sec I got the bike home..

The FZ bikes to me are like riding a 450F road legal dirt bike...just like a dirt it's super super light, the skinny feel of the bike is just like a dirt bike, just like a dirt bike it's got tons of power down low aND thru the midrange compared to a crotch rocket which is only fun after 120mph..even the handling is super quick and nimble..I have pretty much pushed her limits at the dragstrip and was rewarded with 7.80's 1/8 mile times for a 640cc motor pushing a 380# bike and 175# suited rider...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived