The MT-07 Forum

M4 Slip-On Exhaust

joshv1030

Hey guys, new to the boards. Just got my new FZ-07 this past saturday. Lovin' it so far. Obviously the first thing I'm looking into is a new exhaust, and one thats obviously caught my eye is the slip-on m4 exhaust. I've heard great things about the sound but want to hear from you guys. How's the sound? Specifically, is it annoying at highway speeds? Will I want earplugs after hearing it too long? I love a snotty exhaust, but don't necessarily want it hurting my ears at highway speeds. 

Thanks in advance for the responses!

• Premium Member

With most of any of the aftermarket exhausts I would recommend earplugs if riding for a bit. If you do get the M4 and remove the baffle, earplugs are a must. My buddy has it out and doesnt ride with plugs but, he's a rolling hazard anyway. I have the pipe and love it. I roll with the baffle in and just use small earbuds most the time for music which does enough for hearing protection for my needs. Pipe is not annoying at all at highway speeds. The wind drowns out the noise enough for it not to be an issue.

M4 exhaust sounds great, haven't heard many others in person for this bike but everybody I meet loves it. I ride with baffle out, no ear plugs but sometimes headphones in on low volume and it doesn't bother me at all. It turns this bike into a head turner and is super affordable for the transformation it does.

Thanks guys! The highway drone is the only thing i was worried about so thank you No Hater, that helps a lot. I've been trying to decide between this and the lxil hyperlow, mainly because I like the look of the hyperlow a little better. The M4 is definitely a cost saver though, and from what I've seen from videos it sounds better too

whtmakaveli

I installed mine a few weeks ago. Highway with baffle in is no issue, the loudest sound is around 3-4k RPM, which I find a little loud on the streets. It sets off some "pre" car alarms, the chirping before the alarm actually goes off. I may get the extended baffle they sell, which seems difficult to find, I think you need to order direct from the factory.

dentalprodigy

You NEED earplugs with m4 baffle out. I used to LOVE it without the baffle in but I might put it back in because I get alot of dirty stares from people when riding in the suburbs. 30 mph in 3rd/4th gear is ridiculously loud. At least once a ride, I get people stop whatever yard work they are doing and stare me down.

Without earplugs you will have ringing of the ears.

Archived