The MT-07 Forum

Sold my Ducati Hypermotard and jumped on a fz07!

CanadianFZ07

CanadianFZ07

Title says it all! Sold my Hypermotard and found an amazing deal on a ultra low mile (700 miles on it!) 2015 FZ-07 I drove 3 hours to go pick up and rode back. 

Bike was absolutely mint and, in 48 hours, Ive done around 450+ miles on her already!

Some fun questions to start!

1. How well do those OEM yamaha sliders hold up with drops?

2. Does anyone know which windscreen that is?

3. Why the hell is the drivetrain so loud? Cleaned it completely with Kerosene, doused it with Maxima chain wax and it's still oh so loud! What gives?

4. Has anyone tried the Vcyclenut ecu tune? I saw 2wdw but being in Canadan, every dollar saved with the exchange helps!

Looking forward to getting a M4 exhaust on there as soon as I make sure there are now looming warranty issues (my ducati has given me reliability related PTSD!)

V7L1Ext.jpg

pVJCgWo.jpg

bigdaddybane

Welcome! I think that's a Puig screen and it can be found absolutely everywhere. For us, ECU flash involves shipping across the border 'cause I couldn't find any Canadian shop that does it. Based on a feedback I would assume 2wdw is the way to go. Can you explain what kind of noise you're dealing with? What's so loud?

I can't see what you mean by Yamaha OEM sliders. If you mean the short cylinders where the motor bolts to the frame most of us see them as merely mount points. Aftermarket sliders placed there do a fair job of sacrificing themselves when the bike goes down. I recommend the Vagabond ones because they don't require messing with the motor mount bolts.

+1 on the 2WDW flash. It made me suddenly think I was a more competent rider.

Welcome!

• Global Moderator
I can't see what you mean by Yamaha OEM sliders. If you mean the short cylinders where the motor bolts to the frame most of us see them as merely mount points. Aftermarket sliders placed there do a fair job of sacrificing themselves when the bike goes down. I recommend the Vagabond ones because they don't require messing with the motor mount bolts. 
+1 on the 2WDW flash. It made me suddenly think I was a more competent rider.

Welcome!
He's speaking of the case savers

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

booboobusfz07

Looks like an ERMAX screen to me.

A lot of people complain about chain noise. Seems to just be a trait of the bike. Although I would check chain tension just to be sure. . Break in they stretch alot.

Haven't heard about that flash. I've heard great things about 2wdw and the ejk tho.

I can't see what you mean by Yamaha OEM sliders.  
He's speaking of the case savers
Ah, I see them now.  I wouldn't expect much from them..

Title says it all! Sold my Hypermotard and found an amazing deal on a ultra low mile (700 miles on it!) 2015 FZ-07 I drove 3 hours to go pick up and rode back.  
Bike was absolutely mint and, in 48 hours, Ive done around 450+ miles on her already!

Some fun questions to start!

1. How well do those OEM yamaha sliders hold up with drops?

2. Does anyone know which windscreen that is?

3. Why the hell is the drivetrain so loud? Cleaned it completely with Kerosene, doused it with Maxima chain wax and it's still oh so loud! What gives?

4. Has anyone tried the Vcyclenut ecu tune? I saw 2wdw but being in Canadan, every dollar saved with the exchange helps!

Looking forward to getting a M4 exhaust on there as soon as I make sure there are now looming warranty issues (my ducati has given me reliability related PTSD!)

V7L1Ext.jpg

pVJCgWo.jpg

That's 100% an ermax windscreen.

• Premium Member

Only solution to combat the chain noise I think is an aftermarket exhaust...stock wise the fz-07 is ultra smart car quiet and that really amplify chain noises, fuel injectors ticking noise echoing in airbox etc...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

join the crowd! I sold my Panigale for the FZ! I'm glad I did. Trust me you made right choice.

• Premium Member

It's an Ermax Windscreen. It says it on the sticker. I have the same windscreen.

My chain also made a ton of noise for about the first 2k miles. After adjusting it twice and doing a really good clean and lube at the beginning of the year it's nice and quiet now.

I also just ordered up an M4 exhaust and will be sending my ECU to 2WDW so will have a review of that in a week or so.

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

join the crowd! I sold my Panigale for the FZ! I'm glad I did. Trust me you made right choice.
Mind elaborating on that for me? I feel like I would be in the opposite camp. I love my FZ but I can definitely feel that it is a "budget bike." I can't help but think about how I cannot wait to get a "real" bike with proper suspension, brakes, etc. I would think going from a Panigale to an FZ would feel like a downgrade pretty much everywhere except for maybe service costs. 

• Global Moderator
Once you get the exhaust you won't hear that chain anymore! Haha
Not true...
It still rattles like crazy and the yoshi exh i got only dampened it... you xan certainly still hear it

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived