Sign in to follow this  
zoltan

I've got 2 years warranty

zoltan
Been just talking with someone was a surprise that I've got 2 years warranty here in UK.
I don't know if it's just me or this is the rule here in UK. Can someone confirm that?

Guest Ralph
Yep 2 years in the UK been so for years.

zoltan
Yep 2 years in the UK been so for years.

Thank you

Beemer
Just curious, do dealerships pass on full warranties on cars over there? They usually only give us 3 yr's in the states and hold on to the rest. After the 3 yrs. is up they (the dealership) pocket all your repair money for usually the next 7 yrs. since most cars come from the factory with 10 yr's of warranty. They be tricksy!

zoltan
I don't have car but if I know correctly here it's the same. 3 years usually

sorkyah
Just curious, do dealerships pass on full warranties on cars over there? They usually only give us 3 yr's in the states and hold on to the rest. After the 3 yrs. is up they (the dealership) pocket all your repair money for usually the next 7 yrs. since most cars come from the factory with 10 yr's of warranty. They be tricksy!
Bumper to bumper warranties are 36mo/36k mi on most vehicles because that is when stuff is expected to break.
the 10yr warranty you are thinking of is the powertrain warranty.

Most dealers try to sell you their own "aftermarket/3rd party" warranty because they make more money off of it. but in america 36mo/36k is the base standard for emissions and mecanical break-in

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Beemer
Bumper to bumper warranties are 36mo/36k mi on most vehicles because that is when stuff is expected to break. the 10yr warranty you are thinking of is the powertrain warranty.

Most dealers try to sell you their own "aftermarket/3rd party" warranty because they make more money off of it. but in america 36mo/36k is the base standard for emissions and mecanical break-in

I stand corrected, It's been a long time since I read the article about it so my memory of it was a bit cloudy. You're right, it is the powertrain I meant to say. I wish I could remember where I read it, probably Consumer Reports and the article said that almost all cars actually do come out of the factory with 10 yr. powertrain warranties but it's usually not passed along which is why you mostly see only 5 or 7 yr. powertrain warranties being offered so disregard the bumper to bumper remark.

Mproject
I can confirm that the warranty in Croatia is 3 years!

zoltan

You jammy bastard.

Mproject
You jammy bastard.
(rofl) P.S. I just hope that we will never need it :D

sparrrowhawk
Here in Norway it's 5 year warranty on Yamaha ?