The MT-07 Forum

What's your next bike gonna be?

zoltan

Guest 2wheeler

The prodigal son has officially returned home! Seeing I did the first restoration on this bike about 9 years ago, I have a pretty good idea what will need to be done to bring it back to it's glory. It supposedly runs but needs chain, sprockets, rear tire at a minimum. Hopefully it will only need a top end and the crank is still good. If I'm inspired, I may do a complete resto over the winter including a total rebuild of the motor, powder coating the frame, and replacing all the misc. bearings/bushings as well as a set of Works shocks. The degree that I go crazy is directly related to whether I can get it's Vermont registration converted to a real title in my state.

For those of you that haven't tried it, the deal with Vermont is that they will issue a registration and plate for any bike (sorta) up to 300cc and at least 20/25 years old regardless of you not living in Vermont. Some states are willing to give you a title based on that registration.

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, TylerNT02 said:

Either a yamaha r6, kawasaki ninja 650 or MV Agusta Brutale 800

Nice choices......I keep looking at those crotch rockets and thinking I'd be nice to have one again, but at 51yo I don't think my back can handle another one

So my vote will be probably a FZ 10.....I like the upright bikes much more now

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I do like the look of the mt 10. I've never had a ss but I am interested in how they ride and handle. I do like the naked look a lot though 

• Premium Member

My next bike will be a Turboed FZ-09 mainly for drag strip duty and events after I sell my dirt bike and my little FZ-07... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Just now, norcal616 said:

My next bike will be a Turboed FZ-09 mainly for drag strip duty and events after I sell my dirt bike and my little FZ-07... 

I'm actually thinking about moving into drag racing as well at some point as I'm struggling to climb around the bike like I used to, grrr. 

Busa or big Ninja?

Here I go again...

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, mossrider said:

I'm actually thinking about moving into drag racing as well at some point as I'm struggling to climb around the bike like I used to, grrr. 

Busa or big Ninja?

Here I go again...

Ninjaaaaaaa! 

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Busa or big Ninja?

Here I go again...

Drag Racing is fun... I mainly "bracket race" which means I race myself by matching as close as possible to  the "dial-in" time I posted without going faster(technically).. I'm at the point all my friends( only 2 of us ride bikes and the other 15+ all have daily street legal cars into  the 6-9sec range) and family are into drag racing...  In all honesty I get about 5x as many runs at the drag strip on a motorcycle vs a car for my money's worth... And it's fun to stage against various rides in bracket racing such as sleds, dragsters, door slammers... 

As for a 'Busa - Suzuki retired the Hayabusa Dec 31st 2018...

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Just now, norcal616 said:

Right but it's durability and case strength mean it'll be around as long as I am. My buddy ran an old air cooled, big bore 1200 Bandit for years and had tons of fun. I could build some other old twin too, idk.

Just day dreaming for now.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Just day dreaming for now

Blame 'old man winter 🤣

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

R.I.P. 😢

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, DewMan said:

R.I.P. 😢

Not quite... They did refile a trademark claim on " Hayabusa" tho... The reason it's currently retired is the current engine is not in Euro4 approval list to be sold- you can still buy what left in inventory if in USA/ Canada??...

Me thinks they got a whole new motor in the works that's Euro4 approved and I'm kinda nervous on rather they keep the traditional 'Busa body or not... It's one of a very select few bikes that have barely gone thru changes over 20yrs of dominance and reached a wide range of social circles...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mossrider said:

Busa or big Ninja?

Here I go again...

Had a buddy that used to drag a GSXR 1000. Bone stock everything, except for a very long swinger. Not sure exactly how long, but around 12" longer than stock. He had a VERY simple nitrous setup. He just mounted a nitrous solenoid in the air box and used tee's to split the output in to 4 directions. Used purge valve plumbing bits and directed each of the four outlets to direct the nitrous in to each carb. He was running 60-80hp shot depending on track conditions. No added fuel at all. Strapped the forks down and pulled off one front rotor. Bike went low 5's in the 1/8 for several seasons and never needed a single thing, beside rear tires. 

Oh, he activated the nitrous via the horn button. Launch on motor, start spraying as soon as the front tire stated coming down. 

Because everyopne needs a V8 on two wheels to shw them HD guys they gots a bigger weeeeeneeeer when it comes to riding a over weight pig that wont turn.  But this is a Super Sport Model

Stroker_03.jpg

• Haha 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
cornerslider

Probably a KTM Duke 390.... I'll probably keep it close to stock. Maybe do a fender eliminator, and a power commander V, and engine ice, and a SPAL aftermarket fan. The fender eliminator (for obvious reasons), all the rest would just be to keep the engine temps low. I previously owned a KTM RC390 that was the most fun I've ever had on a sport bike-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, cornerslider said:

Probably a KTM Duke 390.... I'll probably keep it close to stock. Maybe do a fender eliminator, and a power commander V, and engine ice, and a SPAL aftermarket fan. The fender eliminator (for obvious reasons), all the rest would just be to keep the engine temps low. I previously owned a KTM RC390 that was the most fun I've ever had on a sport bike-

I wanted the RC so bad for my first bike! Everything I read about the maintenance was more frequent than I would of wanted though but for a bike like that it is to  e expected. Beautiful bike for sure though 

• Premium Member
cornerslider

Probably not a good first bike.... I went into it with “eyes wide open”. I did what I could to keep the motor cool. That being said, I ran it HARD, on track for all of 2016, and had ZERO problems 😎👍🏼. It’s definitely a labor of love though-

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member

It will probably be my great white Buffalo (the one that never was) for me. Second bike will probably be a ninja or speed triple but lately I've been liking the specs on the R6

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Cruizin said:

This is probably my next bike. 

Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP 

Hypermotard-950SP-MY19-Livery-01-Data-Sh

Hypermotard-950-MY19-Studio-01-Gallery-9

Hypermotard-950-MY19-Studio-12-Gallery-9

Damn that is pretty! How many cylinders?