The MT-07 Forum

What's your next bike gonna be?

zoltan

bigdaddybane
I've always loved the Honda V4s.   I'm not sure I'd swap a VFR 800 naked for an FZ-07 though.  It's gonna weigh more and probably cost more too.  Don't get me wrong though, it would be a stellar bike. :)
Alright, check out the picture of the concept (I fixed it in my post) and tell me if that changes your mind.
That bike looks amazing ... wondering if Honda will actually release this?

I was having some trouble envisioning that, but that looks fantastic. V4 is the coolest engine configuration in my opinion. Have to see what everything looked like with pricing, weight, performance, etc, but I think I'd still probably take a Street Triple or an S1000R over it.

I've always loved the Honda V4s.   I'm not sure I'd swap a VFR 800 naked for an FZ-07 though.  It's gonna weigh more and probably cost more too.  Don't get me wrong though, it would be a stellar bike. :)
Alright, check out the picture of the concept (I fixed it in my post) and tell me if that changes your mind.
A Honda VFR with a trellis frame? Where did you find that? That doesn't make sense to me; the brand dna just isn't there, if you know what I mean.

AlbatrossCafe
A Honda VFR with a trellis frame? Where did you find that? That doesn't make sense to me; the brand dna just isn't there, if you know what I mean.
Someone's clever use of digital art + photoshop. I don't think there is any way Honda has ever gotten near this, unfortunately :( 
I know a lot of people tell me about the the Aprilia Tuono, which is a naked V4, but it is a bit too much IMHO (1100 cc and <30 MPG lol) and also, it is not Japanese ;)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Oh man!!!  That looks freaking killer!  ... but yea, that looks photo-shopped.  

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Oh man!!!  That looks freaking killer!  ... but yea, that looks photo-shopped.
It's also pretty unrefined in the transmission and braking department. I thought about a 2016 model for a hot minute but all it took was one test ride to convince that it was not the bike I was looking for.

firstyammerha

I'm always looking for something different and since I've never owned a European bike, probably a street triple next winter/spring.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
I'm always looking for something different and since I've never owned a European bike, probably a street triple next winter/spring.
That new Street Triple looks fantastic.  It will probably tend to reduce the value of the older models too, so it seems like a no lose proposition no matter what year you choose. 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I won't be getting a FZ-10 like I wanted for a while...

6ef77c6240f05c88c6477621b410994b.jpg8cd796cc6fa7289ce623d484ddf87c38.jpgeee77561c94f7a561f2748dc7a0f063d.jpg6c09d3d5356b6a9030fd3dd6ba7a1901.jpg2736395f9384e5d7f2a2a5abf0d6c714.jpg

• Like 5

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
That's a beautiful FZ1 man!
Thanks man. I couldn't pass it up. It's practically brand new. It had 878 miles on the floor. It's a 2014.

SigSide.jpg

There's just something about the Daytona 675r that I lust after :/  
2013triumphdaytona675r.jpg

Man I'm with ya. Pretty sure my next bike is gonna be a Triumph. Either that new ST RS or the 675R if I get back on a supersport.
  • Like 1

bigdaddybane
Thanks man. I couldn't pass it up. It's practically brand new. It had 878 miles on the floor. It's a 2014.
Yup, that's a brand new bike. Perfect tourer with a lot of street character.
  • Like 2

AlbatrossCafe
The hair is more beautiful. Pretty sure the last time I saw a picture of @jeffkisthename on here he had a buzzcut. He is making the right choice by joining the Legion of the Longhairs.

• Like 2

The new 660cc Triumph Street Triple interests me but I doubt I will make a change. This may be a UK only bike to suit (complicated) rider testing regime here.

• Like 1

Just do it! 

The new 660cc Triumph Street Triple interests me but I doubt I will make a change. This may be a UK only bike to suit (complicated) rider testing regime here.

mark my word, if that new street triple RS comes to the USA, I will buy one. I like it more than the FZ-10, I like it more than any other bike made right now. Every detail of that new bike fits me just right and 121 hp is the sweet spot for me. The LCD screen looks like it should be on a high end Ducati. Every reviewer sings it's praises. And I love triples, the roar of a pissed off triple engine is something to behold.

I own Yamaha forums. I love the mighty FZ's and FJ's. But my heart yearns for that new Triumph street triple RS.

IMG_3596.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

TFTInstruments3.jpg

• Like 5

@admin they better. Their site lists the my18 bikes in USD. I'll be in line right after you. ?

Looks like they are listed for sale in the US. I might wander into the dealer tomorrow.

$11,500 for the R model

$12,500 for the RS.
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
@admin they better. Their site lists the my18 bikes in USD. I'll be in line right after you. ?
Looks like they are listed for sale in the US. I might wander into the dealer tomorrow. 
$11,500 for the R model

$12,500 for the RS.
That screen is legit. I'll buy a FZ-10 when we get one in the states with a screen like that.
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
phicurious86
$11,500 for the R model

$12,500 for the RS.
I've been bugging my local dealer about the 765 ever since the official teaser. RS models should arrive at US dealers near the end of the month. R and S are slated for early July.
  • Like 1

$11,500 for the R model

$12,500 for the RS.
I've been bugging my local dealer about the 765 ever since the official teaser. RS models should arrive at US dealers near the end of the month. R and S are slated for early July.

Damn that's too soon lol I need not to be tempted
  • Like 1

i dont see anything on the market i want. i need a big fat hawg for touring w/ my lady, but i don't want the payment. 
so i just dump money into the fz07. its got all the power i'll ever need. it just needs to be touched up, made to look nice.

i did swap bikes with an fz09 owner recently. i gotta admit its a fine motorcycle. i don't like the saddle, but everything else is really nice.
Hi,,, need a hog ,, try cycletrader.. There are thousands of hogs for sale..  Used, new, etc.  One for every budget,, not high priced like they used to be.