The MT-07 Forum

What's your next bike gonna be?

zoltan

If you want a "deal" on a fleet of used '16 S1000R's ring up California Superbike School. The bikes are professionally maintained, new or fresh plastic and every option known to man. $13-15K depending on color and mileage. Ping me if you want more info and I'll post the POC email address and the list of bikes here.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I originally wanted the regular R Nine T as my next bike, but now I might be going with the Pure version.

p90233746_highres.jpg

I need to buy a new house this spring and move in, so its not going to happen then, but possibly summer. But the question for me is will I have 4 bikes in my stable or do I need to get rid of one?

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Global Moderator
I have 7 bikes. And yes that's crazy but until you get past 5, you're not certifiable. Yet.
Only 7?? 
You need anithr fz then... perhaps the 10?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the FZ10, but the I'm told the new super duke 1290 is gonna be total insanity. A perfect wheelie machine, and boy do I love my wheelies for bfast, lunch, and dinner!

'16 FZ07

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the FZ10, but the I'm told the new super duke 1290 is gonna be total insanity. A perfect wheelie machine, and boy do I love my wheelies for bfast, lunch, and dinner!
Like last year's SDuke1290R wasn't totally insane. 
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
The Tuono is also no slouch in the wheelie department.
My wife has a Tuono, so I need the lightning to her thunder. 
  • Like 1

'16 FZ07

Have 2 friends with Tuono Factories and another with the SDukeR. What a collective sound! Not sure I'd want to ride either w/o the nannies having some control over all that power.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
My bad.
No problem!  It looks like a blast to ride, doesn't it?

That it do, though I'm betting it's going to be a bit tall for me at 5'8".

If it's anything like my buddy's 2009 690 Duke, I suspect you'll be able to tiptoe - maybe ball of one foot. His SuperDuke 1290R is far easier to reach the ground - even with my 28" inseam.

• 4 weeks later...
AlbatrossCafe
I'm really liking the new triumph street triple 765 rs the dash looks awesome and the bug eyes are really growing on me lol
I could tolerate the bug eye lights from the last couple years, but now they are making them even harder to look at with this 765 release I just learned about 3 minutes ago... 
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
I'm really liking the new triumph street triple 765 rs the dash looks awesome and the bug eyes are really growing on me lol
I could tolerate the bug eye lights from the last couple years, but now they are making them even harder to look at with this 765 release I just learned about 3 minutes ago...
I'm super impressed with the 2017 Street Triple, the RS model especially.  I think that, if it had been available when I bought my FZ-07, I would probably be riding one now.  But... it's too much like the FZ for me to take a financial dump just to get one, and I'm still really happy with the FZ-07. 
  • Like 2

Why can't left turners see us?

The STR was one of the 2 other bikes I was seriously looking at. Not gonna make that swap now, but the bump in displacement would be attractive. Will have to see what the bump in price and fuel consumption winds up being - If it's $12k, the FZ still wins. combine that with the endless list of farkles available for the FZ that might trickle in for the Triumph, well, the FZ still wins.

• Like 1

AlbatrossCafe
I'm super impressed with the 2017 Street Triple, the RS model especially.  I think that, if it had been available when I bought my FZ-07, I would probably be riding one now.  But... it's too much like the FZ for me to take a financial dump just to get one, and I'm still really happy with the FZ-07.
Haha I feel the same way. As much as I really want to try another bike (2015 Honda VFR 800) the FZ-07 has done me no wrong. It is a great all around bike and it would be stupid to let it go. 
Pretty sure the only way I'll be able to get another bike is when the FZ is at 60k+ miles or if someone "unintentionally" runs over it in a parking lot... ;)