The MT-07 Forum

What's your next bike gonna be?

zoltan

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
And that price tag, ouch.
$300-500 over the FZ10 MSRP will get you a 2016 RSV4 Tuono Factory off the show-room floor. Given that, it's not even a comparison.
But Matt, the Maintenance schedule let alone Dealership availability...I don't even want to know what the insurance difference is...

SigSide.jpg

Geico was $700 for full coverage on my policy - Dairyland wanted $1500/yr. The FZ09 was $700 for me last year. The Aprilia dealer is 8 miles from my house (Arlington VA). I've got a top-notch Ducati service shop 4 miles from my house (Springfield, VA) so yeah, atypical I'm sure.

The recent take-over by Piaggio group looks to be a very good thing. They 'found' a huge cache of parts for the older 'priller bikes and the modern ones are far more readily available. Not HonYamSuzKaw available, but a far cry from yesteryear.

• Like 1
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Global Moderator

Probably a 1974 Yamaha RD250 that was for sale a while ago. I know the owner but he pulled back at the last moment. I am waiting until he finally gives in. It's a sweet little bike.

• Like 1

I'm actually over naked bikes. I'll always keep the FZ07, at this point, it's nearly perfectly set up, and super high mileage. Something like the GSXS or FZ10 would be redundant.

I'm looking at a left over 2016 R1S. You can likely get it for the same price as the FZ10, except it has cornering abs, lift control, slide control, tft dash, radial master cylinder, more horsepower.

The main appeal is that I wouldn't be compelled to modify it. Just a fender eliminator and it's done.

• Like 1

It's been a long time since I've played in the dirt and I miss the sound and smell of a 2-stroke and it's explosive power so after much thought I would probably get a Yamaha YZ125 or a KTM 125SX to suit my size.

• Like 1

Beemer

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I'm actually over naked bikes. I'll always keep the FZ07, at this point, it's nearly perfectly set up, and super high mileage. Something like the GSXS or FZ10 would be redundant. 
I'm looking at a left over 2016 R1S. You can likely get it for the same price as the FZ10, except it has cornering abs, lift control, slide control, tft dash, radial master cylinder, more horsepower.

The main appeal is that I wouldn't be compelled to modify it. Just a fender eliminator and it's done.
I'd like a R1, but I wouldn't be able to take it to work ever. I'd be too afraid of someone stealing it.

SigSide.jpg

This is why the aprilia tuono or bmw s1000r are soo attractive

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I can't stand the S1000R headlight though...the Tuono is beautiful looking and sounding.

SigSide.jpg

I can't stand the S1000R headlight though...the Tuono is beautiful looking and sounding.

I wasn't sure when it first came out, but I personally like the front end of the s1000r over that of the fz10

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I wasn't sure when it first came out, but I personally like the front end of the s1000r over that of the fz10
Taste is so subjective LOL.

SigSide.jpg

Taste is so subjective LOL.

True story ?
  • Like 1

I am thinking about the new r6. I went the beginner way and instead of buying a brand new fz-07 I bought a 2010 klx250sf with 3500 miles on it. My next bike is a toss up between the new r6 or the 17 07 with the abs option. Even though I dislike red, I might just swap the body parts out or paint it. But those are my two choices as of now. just gotta wait until the new r6 comes into my dealership so I can test it out!

• Premium Member

Either another fz07, if they give it quad headlights, or the newer fz09.

maybe a honda nc700x

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@thomascrown @pattonme @enupe @duenan @chicagoaj @sorkyah @albatrosscafe @vroomvroom

All this Super Naked FZ-10 talk...I had to go sit on one today lol...

bebffffd514b8c061ff8682a87776017.jpg

efe58c09c1bac218e0b0abe9d68f5320.jpg

ff1a1ab7004842026fc04c7ad6916b45.jpg

205844c3bcdd8d8757d7e08a5050b41e.jpg

db68c732aab59907851ecf59a608911d.jpg

76fb117a06b3e1fcef5c5591d418041d.jpg

• Like 4

SigSide.jpg

Guest ChicagoAJ
maybe a honda nc700x

NC700X is like taking a full step back from the FZ-07. For a 700cc, it's ridiculously slow. Pretty hefty bike too, definitely test ride one before thinking about getting one.  

@thomascrown - I thought the same way as you with just getting a fender kit for my GSXS. Almost $700 in parts later I was definitely wrong. There's always extra stuff to get, even on an R1S.

maybe a honda nc700x

The NC is a nice bike, my buddy has one, but unless you are touring it is a major step down performance wise. The best part about it is the seat and the "Frunk" (the gas tank is actually a trunk hence the frunk). The worst part has to be the engine, it revs quickly but red line is only 6k which you will be bouncing off of constantly on any spirited ride.

Guest 2wheeler

Well, I know what it's not going to be.

Over the years I get amazed at the bikes and cars/trucks that I fell in love with on paper, but just sucked in real life. The most recent one is the new Moto Guzzi V9. Looks awesome in pictures and the reviews are pretty favorable in a Guzzi way. I saw and sat on my first one on Sunday - instant fall out of love. Too bulky as in just big. It's not that heavy nor is it really tall, it's just bulky. Plus it really didn't look as good live as in the pics.

Now, the bike that surprised me is the R3. I saw that one Paulie got in the gray/black, and I thought that looked great. Catch was that no way do I want a crotch rocket sitting position. Well, about a month ago I say on my first one, and was surprised that it was pretty darn OK. That might be the next one.

• Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ
Well, I know what it's not going to be. 
Over the years I get amazed at the bikes and cars/trucks that I fell in love with on paper, but just sucked in real life. The most recent one is the new Moto Guzzi V9. Looks awesome in pictures and the reviews are pretty favorable in a Guzzi way. I saw and sat on my first one on Sunday - instant fall out of love. Too bulky as in just big. It's not that heavy nor is it really tall, it's just bulky. Plus it really didn't look as good live as in the pics.

Now, the bike that surprised me is the R3. I saw that one Paulie got in the gray/black, and I thought that looked great. Catch was that no way do I want a crotch rocket sitting position. Well, about a month ago I say on my first one, and was surprised that it was pretty darn OK. That might be the next one.

GSX-S1000, GSX-S750, Ninja 1000, CB1000R - all nearly identical seating positions! Get the power, you'll never want to go back. 

Guest ChicagoAJ

No ABS, lol. I got mine for $9,460 OTD, but we have 10.5% sales tax here so we get screwed. Wonder what kind of set-up, doc, and other fees they charge to get the price close to the normal starting price. If you can get one for under 8k OTD that would be amazing.