The MT-07 Forum

What's your next bike gonna be?

zoltan

• 2 months later...

I'm always thinking about my next bike. Nothing wrong with the FZ-07 at all. There's so many nice cars and bikes out there, I just want to ride and drive everything. lol. If I ever hit the lotto, I would have a garage full of motorcycles.
Besides that, I've been checking out the Victory Octane.

021916btop_i.jpg

It's almost 1200 cc's and weighs 548lbs, which is not bad at all. MSRP starts at $10,500. I really like this bike.

• Global Moderator

If the FZ-10 ever comes in red it will be hard for me to resist. I know red seems a very polarizing issue here, but I like it :)

• Like 1

The XSR900 is tough to beat for the next step. I've almost bought it a couple times. Although, I was able to test ride a beautiful green 2015 Triumph Thruxton (900, not the brand new one). Man, that bike is so sweet. It was a fair bit slower than our fz07, but other than that, I liked everything so much better. Just the feeling of riding that bike is beautiful.

• Premium Member

Going to the dealership to pay for my new 2015 red FJ-09... I need a bike that more practical for day or weekend long trips...the fz-07 is staying tho, don't worry ?..I like the fact the FJ-09 is the more mature twin of the wild child FZ-09...better suspension, center stand, traction control, bigger gas tank, more wind protection, better ECU tune to got rid of the touchy throttle the FZ was known for and you can turn off the TC and it becomes the FZ-09...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Always loved the look of the Kawi Z1000 and the looks of the new fz10 at growing on me. Looking at one of those next. I always wanted an R1 but I like the 2014 versions (bubble headlights) a lot more than the 2016 R1's. If I get a bike after this, it's going to be brand new. I won't buy used anymore unless someone in the household wants to start, always start on something used

If I'm able to ride again (won't know until spring), I have to get another FZ 07. My time with my beloved bike was cut short and we still had many more adventures. Right now there is no other bike on the market that really suits me that I like the looks of.

If I'm able to ride again (won't know until spring), I have to get another FZ 07. My time with my beloved bike was cut short and we still had many more adventures. Right now there is no other bike on the market that really suits me that I like the looks of.
I see no posts about what happened to your FZ07.  What happened?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Guest ChicagoAJ

Suzuki GSX-S1000 is going to be my next bike either sometime next season or in 2018, I'm like 95% sure of it. I was reading the owner's manual today. It's service intervals are decent. The dealer I bought my FZ-07 at has them marked down to $7,999 as of right now which is pretty tempting even though I'd lose a few grand on the FZ... I'm going to give my FZ another season but if it continues to have problems, it's gone - especially when the warranty is done, which will be right after winter in March.

I want a BMW S1000RR :D. But, I love my FZ-07 and is not even thinking about moving on to next one. I haven't been able to get enough of this yet. Going to keep this for a long time.

My little R3 has rekindled my love for sportbikes. Damn ... its a comfy ride. Someone make me a 600 to 750 cc sport bike with the same comfort and I'm all over it. A comfy 750 gsxr would fill the bill. I had a 2004 ... loved it ... but uncomfortable on long rides.

I only made a brief mention of it somewhere. 6 weeks ago I was on an empty 2 lane road doing the speed limit at 45. A kid took a left turn from a dirt parking lot and plowed into me. I don't remember the accident. Concussion, broken back, busted teeth and 6 inches of my femur missing. Had 2 surgeries and need more. The bike is totaled. My new ride is a wheelchair! Looking at the Google Earth street view, the accident scene was at a straight stretch of road with good visibility. I'm told the kid did call 911 and stayed with me. I miss my bike. I miss my life. 

I only made a brief mention of it somewhere. 6 weeks ago I was on an empty 2 lane road doing the speed limit at 45. A kid took a left turn from a dirt parking lot and plowed into me. I don't remember the accident. Concussion, broken back, busted teeth and 6 inches of my femur missing. Had 2 surgeries and need more. The bike is totaled. My new ride is a wheelchair! Looking at the Google Earth street view, the accident scene was at a straight stretch of road with good visibility. I'm told the kid did call 911 and stayed with me. I miss my bike. I miss my life.
nooooooo....a lot of that going around lately.  glad you're here to talk about it.  
  • Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ
My little R3 has rekindled my love for sportbikes. Damn ... its a comfy ride. Someone make me a 600 to 750 cc sport bike with the same comfort and I'm all over it. A comfy 750 gsxr would fill the bill. I had a 2004 ... loved it ... but uncomfortable on long rides.
Ninja 1000 is exactly that seating position if not a little bit more comfy. 
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Deeply sorry to hear this...wish you a speedy recovery. 
- Paulie
  • Like 2

Damn girl, sorry to hear that. 
Its a bummer that no matter how careful you ride, there is always that danger of the oblivious driver.  Will be looking forward to your post about riding in the spring.

• Like 1

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

You never intend to have your eye caught by another...but, while I truly love my silver darling I am afraid she may either need to share my time with a future Aprilia Tuono v4 1100 factory, else lose me forever.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Fuukkk... That's some tragic stuff Jet. Modern medicine is pretty great. They can rebuild you if you keep your mental game strong. Hope to read about you being back on the road in the not so distant future.
  • Like 1

I haven't ride much this pass year. Nowhere cool to go within few hours ride in Southern Florida. I don't think I put a 1K miles on the FZ09 this year. Cool bike to beat around but not great for long weekend trip. If Yammy bring the FJ07 I might consider it but I'm starting to think of trading the fizzer for a Super Tenerer instead.

• Premium Member

I picked up a Ducati Monster S4RS recently and although I'm going to build it into something pretty special (Paolo Tex Design Road Rage Body Kit), I'm still wanting something else (another Yamaha).

After picking up a Ducati MultiStrada in Minnesota and riding it all the way back to Vegas (for work), the idea of the FJ-09 sounds wonderful. I can totally see my self on one of those out fitted with side bags and top case touring across the country in a "sporting" manor, LoL.

I can also see myself on the R3 or the R1. I know, I'm all over the place here. Thing is, I got a chance to ride them both at the track this past weekend...a track I'm familiar with. Yamaha came out and brought their demo bikes. I rode the R3, R6, R1, and the new FZ-10.

The R3, even in stock trim, was a blast to ride. Sure, it's not super fast, but the corner speeds are still very fun, and when set up as a race bike, combating ground clearance issues and giving it proper ergos, they go pretty hard around the track.

But then I rode the R1...

I rode it briefly before, when the same Yamaha demo team came to Laguna Seca last year. The bike was in C mode, and I was really disappointed. There was no power until the very upper end of the rpm range, and even that was still a little soft compared to what I thought the latest crop of liter bikes should be. I convinced them to put it in a different mode, and they let me go out for 3 laps in B mode, which is one step down from the fastest mode...the only difference being that the throttle response is much more manageable, because A mode is like an on/off switch.

Now this was more like it. Problem is it was my second track day ever, and I wasn't about to try anything fancy.

Well, this time, I have almost 2 seasons of track days under my belt, and I'm way more comfortable exploring my limits, plus I'm on a track I'm very familiar with. I couldn't believe when I went out for my demo session the bike was in C mode again. I was like AARRGH! Not again!!!

And since the demo rides are all done in level 1 (the slowest group) and you can't pass the lead demo rider, it was torturous. Luckily, I've seen the staff before a few times and they remembered me (no doubt because of my FZ-07). Since the R1 was pretty much booked up and I wouldn't get another demo session, I asked the staff if I could ride it in my group (the fastest group level 3) and they could ride my FZ-07 during that session to see how it compared to a stock FZ-07. They agreed.

Now, let me just start with this to give you an idea of the difference of speeds...

On the main straight of this track configuration, my FZ-07 hits 116 mph, and since my rear sprocket is +2 in the rear, I'm sure it's more like 110 mph. The R1 in C mode hit 119, and that was at the start of 3rd gear.  The motor spins up SO MUCH FASTER in B Mode - you can imagine what it must have felt like when screaming down the front straight getting into 4th gear when I glanced down at the gorgeous TFT color display and saw 148 mph. 148 mph!!! It was like night and day, seriously, the difference between C mode and B mode on the R1 is like riding a completely different motorcycle...now this is what I signed up for. Since we were in level 3 and there wasn't any lead follow, I was free to explore and play a little. OMG!!! The bike is just rapid, without being scary, and completely composed. I loved it.

I also rode the R6, and was really disappointed to be honest. I never felt that top end rush that they have at high rpm, and that's where you have to be in the rpm range to actually get any power out of it. I felt cramped on the bike. The R1 in comparison felt just as small as a bike in general, but much more roomy in the ergo department.

The last bike I rode was the FZ-10. Feels like the FZ-07 on steroids. Having said that, it didn't feel like a naked R1 at all in the power department. Don't get me wrong, it was fast, but it felt nothing the rocket ship the R1 is.

So yeah, next bike? I still have no idea, but the R3 an R1 are serious considerations, unless I decide to venture into the sport touring world...in that case, the FZ-09 would win my vote.

:)

- Paulie

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Already have my next bike...The FJ-09 suits the FZ-07... I wanted an fz-09 but after the reviews and whatnot the FJ practically fixed all FZ-09 woes like suspension, better handling,better ecu mapping, 100% better wind protection and center stand...I'm just finding out how convenient it is...I need a multiple day long ride bike and the FZ-09 is just waaaayyy too much like the FZ-07 to me...I'm embarrassed to say the stock FJ suspension is almost 90-95% spot on off the floor for me, having pattonme do his fork magic and having Norwest repurpose a zx10r shock will glue the FJ down to the road, stock rear shock just needs a revalve for avg rider...you turn off TC on the FJ and put in A mode, now the FJ can chase liter bikes down ? in decent comfort...

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Im considering 3...xsr900 for looks and the reviews....fz10 because like others have said, it is a really good value just like the FZ07 is and seems to be reviewed as a pretty awesome bike anyways.... I digthe looks on it too. My third choice is a BMW S1000.... it also gets really good reviews and I'm just not sure it's worth the premium over the FZ10..... but owning a BMW bike is on my bucket list.