The MT-07 Forum

What's your next bike gonna be?

zoltan

18 hours ago, MT27 said:

If I could find a nice clean VFR 

6c26df897ef14f0abfa227e61d73717a.jpg

WOW!!! That bike looks SICK. That's basically nothing like an OEM VFR - god damn I wish they made a stock bike like that, it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Honda's V fours are VERY nice. The modren VFR800 is very heavy though. Bike balance helps but you can feel the weight when you start to chuck it around and under braking.

Wish they would make a proper light weight 500V4 . I would even consider selling the 07.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Update to this thread, I test rode a 2019 Street triple R with the moto2 765cc motor. I want it, totally buying one when I get my tax refund. I'm in love with the performance of that chassis and engine!

16 hours ago, ZachEcho said:

Update to this thread, I test rode a 2019 Street triple R with the moto2 765cc motor. I want it, totally buying one when I get my tax refund. I'm in love with the performance of that chassis and engine!

Ha, I was watching Hitman's Bodyguard last night with my wife, and Ryan Reynolds has a Street Triple (not sure of the spec) in it. I found myself then looking local ones for sale, haha. I am still torn between that and the FZ-09. The price of the FZ/MT puts it at a huge advantage, but I'd still want to test ride them both. Possibly a few times :)

EDIT: It is a Speed triple in that movie, not a street triple. 

Edited by cyow5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cyow5 said:

Ha, I was watching Hitman's Bodyguard last night with my wife, and Ryan Reynolds has a Street Triple (not sure of the spec) in it. I found myself then looking local ones for sale, haha. I am still torn between that and the FZ-09. The price of the FZ/MT puts it at a huge advantage, but I'd still want to test ride them both. Possibly a few times :)

EDIT: It is a Speed triple in that movie, not a street triple. 

I test rode an FZ09 and a new gen street triple R. The street triple has better brakes, suspension and geometry, overall it's a sportier, better handling motorcycle. Yamaha went budget with a lot of components to keep the price tag low. the Triumph felt a lot more refined, only complaint was the OEM DOT approved mirrors with close to no adjustment, I'd swap them for the OEM barends as soon as I get one.

The street triple felt faster aswell and more confidence inspiring. The FZ-09 felt like an uncontrollable beast.

Edited by ZachEcho

21 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

WOW!!! That bike looks SICK. That's basically nothing like an OEM VFR - god damn I wish they made a stock bike like that, it's exactly what I'm looking for.

You can see that build on VFRdiscussion.com . All the bodywork is custom basically.  Owner put many hours into making probably the best Naked VFR ever!   Makes mine look dull...

thumbnail.jpeg

I just bought a 2013 KTM 250XC. Going to be dual sporting it.  I am currently rebuilding the suspension and engine on it. I have many miles of dirt roads close to home to ride.  The MT 07 is all I need for street performance. 

• Premium Member
On 1/14/2019 at 4:53 PM, ZachEcho said:

I used to hate the buggy headlights on these things. Now i find myself falling in love with them lol. Idk what changed but im okay with it.

After alot of deliberation, I've decided that I may add this pony to the stable when I finish modding my mt 07 (no longer trading as I am in love w my bike, its weird, I'm cool with it) Any thoughts on the gsx s 1000? @r1limited is this power useable? I saw one for 6999 at the dealership brand new I am infatuated.

2018-gsx-s1000001_1547764246213.jpg

Edited by Vex

9 minutes ago, Vex said:

Any thoughts on the gsx s 1000? @r1limited is this power useable?

SUMSUCKME SUCKS
Icky kaka poopoo

• Haha 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

1 hour ago, Vex said:

After alot of deliberation, I've decided that I may add this pony to the stable when I finish modding my mt 07 (no longer trading as I am in love w my bike, its weird, I'm cool with it) Any thoughts on the gsx s 1000? @r1limited is this power useable? I saw one for 6999 at the dealership brand new I am infatuated.

2018-gsx-s1000001_1547764246213.jpg

it'll be nothing like the 07 in terms of how the power comes on. Those I4 liter bikes sure go fast, but down low they're just adequate, maybe on the shy side of punchy. Around town and under 60 mph, my 07 feels much punchier and quicker off the line.

GSXS has superb handling though I hear. If super linear and smooth power delivery in the high rpm's, with good cornering are your thing, that's a solid bike. It's nothing like the FZ/MT series in terms of fun and low end torque though IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

it'll be nothing like the 07 in terms of how the power comes on. Those I4 liter bikes sure go fast, but down low they're just adequate, maybe on the shy side of punchy. Around town and under 60 mph, my 07 feels much punchier and quicker off the line.

GSXS has superb handling though I hear. If super linear and smooth power delivery in the high rpm's, with good cornering are your thing, that's a solid bike. It's nothing like the FZ/MT series in terms of fun and low end torque though IMO.

My buddy has a 1000f I haven't ridden it very much but from my couple experiences on it, I found it difficult to get the revs up to peak without going over 80mph, it almost seemed wasted. I was hoping their naked 1000 would be different =/. Kind of like the R1 compared to the MT 10...

But yeah nothing is more fun than the 07 on the streets that's forsure, biggest reason I bought it, it literally FEELS like a street fighter. None of the other bikes in that class compare. Not even close

Edited by Vex

16 hours ago, Vex said:

My buddy has a 1000f I haven't ridden it very much but from my couple experiences on it, I found it difficult to get the revs up to peak without going over 80mph, it almost seemed wasted. I was hoping their naked 1000 would be different =/. Kind of like the R1 compared to the MT 10...

But yeah nothing is more fun than the 07 on the streets that's forsure, biggest reason I bought it, it literally FEELS like a street fighter. None of the other bikes in that class compare. Not even close

My buddy has a GSXR-1000 that I felt the same way about.

He geared it down A LOT and now it feels quite a bit like my 07 down low, but still has gobs of top end. I think the MT-10 is similar to this - on top of a retune for "low end", it also runs a shorter gearing final drive and a really short wheel base.

I'm willing to bet, if you don't mind the hit to the fuel range, gearing down a GSXS-1000 would make it pretty damn fun. There's just no real way to test ride that and see - you'd have to take a leap of faith.

It's such an odd thing from my perspective to see all these online reviews of bikes stating how smooth and forgiving a bike is. they rave about the power and how fast it is... but like on most bikes none of that is even accessible unless you're on a track, most of the time it's not any faster than our bikes. Any time I hear "smooth, predictable and forgiving" I immediately see it as boring and slow around town. If I'm dropping that much money on a liter bike, it sure as shet better melt my face of and be otherwise scary to ride even around town. Words like "untamed" and "beastly" are more inline with what i want out of a naked sport bike. Leave the smooth and refined boring nonsense to touring bikes and the like.

Edited by topazsparrow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

My buddy has a GSXR-1000 that I felt the same way about.

He geared it down A LOT and now it feels quite a bit like my 07 down low, but still has gobs of top end. I think the MT-10 is similar to this - on top of a retune for "low end", it also runs a shorter gearing final drive and a really short wheel base.

I'm willing to bet, if you don't mind the hit to the fuel range, gearing down a GSXS-1000 would make it pretty damn fun. There's just no real way to test ride that and see - you'd have to take a leap of faith.

It's such an odd thing from my perspective to see all these online reviews of bikes stating how smooth and forgiving a bike is. they rave about the power and how fast it is... but like on most bikes none of that is even accessible unless you're on a track, most of the time it's not any faster than our bikes. Any time I hear "smooth, predictable and forgiving" I immediately see it as boring and slow around town. If I'm dropping that much money on a liter bike, it sure as shet better melt my face of and be otherwise scary to ride even around town. Words like "untamed" and "beastly" are more inline with what i want out of a naked sport bike. Leave the smooth and refined boring nonsense to touring bikes and the like.

Enter FZ 09. Its hard for me to get passed that bike meeting every single one of my requirements aside from technology and suspension, two things I'd definitely pay extra for on a bike of that caliber. Enter fz 10. Has all of the above lol but more a much steeper price. I really wish they geared the gsxs to compete with that, I just love the way it looks and the price is crazy low 7k😖

Edited by Vex

On 1/15/2019 at 8:17 AM, Zupatun said:

You can see that build on VFRdiscussion.com . All the bodywork is custom basically.  Owner put many hours into making probably the best Naked VFR ever!   Makes mine look dull...

thumbnail.jpeg

Do you know who made the posts or anytthing? I'm lookin on that site and I don't see any build sub forums or anything. Can't find shet.

On 1/17/2019 at 5:35 PM, Vex said:

lakeland has a new 16 for 5699. Hard to tell how many FEE's these prices include.

I wonder what the " out the door price" would be.

A lot of bike for the $

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2016-Suzuki-GSX-S1000-5005688807

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have no idea what I would go to next. I bought brand new only because I see myself being satisfied with this machine for a long time. If money were no object I would have a Ninja 636 and an Indian Scout in the stable along with 40 other bikes. I feel the 07  does a good job of splitting the difference between the Scout and the Ninja while also being as easy to live with as my old Ninja 300 when you factor in MPG and insurance.

If I do end up getting another bike or a replacement for my '17 FZ-07 it'll either be the new TÉNÉRÉ 700 or a 2008 Buell 1125R (then convert it to a CR).

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

At the moment I'm interested in getting an Africa Twin (If I can ever get the money). I've gotten super interested in ADV bikes and want to try some offroading!

• Like 1

In light of the fact that yamaha will propably never bring us the tracer 700 ... ive been VERY KEENLY eyeing the Kawasawki versys 650 LT. Theres a white on at my local dealer right at 1k over the msrp for an 18 mt07. That bike sure is tempting. 

CE4C9B55-FD2F-44A5-84BA-12E9B55FC683.jpg

On 1/14/2019 at 11:28 AM, topazsparrow said:

I like the CB1000R ABS .  My buddy has one and its an awesome bike. The headlight looks cool as hell at night, the bike is so smooth to ride.  But its freaking expensive. 

2018-honda-cb1000r-14.jpg?itok=waBqCd3v&

118715_2018_CB1000R.jpg?w=378&dpr=2.625&