The MT-07 Forum

Mines RD. Awesome ride. ..........almost lost it.

booboobusfz07

booboobusfz07

Me an a buddy took mines Rd in Livermore CA down to the junction restaurant.
Awesome canyon roads alot of fun single lane with awesome transitions and switchbacks. I can officially say I've got like no chicken strips left which is pretty cool.
On the back there was gravel and loose rocks on alot of the insides of the Rings handers on the mountain. I was being careful and I thought it was a corner with no gravel. Yep. Definitely wrong on that one. Came in slow and started to power outve it at the apex and the rear end spun out. Pretty rough fishtail as it started to come back. Luckily I didn't high or low side it but in the process of almost throwing me off my R foot came off the pegs abs slammed my ankle into the swingarm. Definitely the closest I've come to crashing a bike. Glad I got to walk away with only a bruise on my ankle.

travisaurusrex

I hadn't heard about this road before, so I looked it up.  I think I could turn this into a 3.5 hour loop from my house, through the twisties and back home.  I might have to try it out this (long) weekend.  Thanks for posting!

booboobusfz07

Where in the bay you at? We were originally going to go down mines to MT Hamilton and then up calavares but they closed a big section because they're rebuilding the dam for the reservoir. We just went to the junction and turned around.

Glad you're OK, it sounds like you stayed on the gas just enough to prevent a high side and it just goes to show that abs (abs slammed my ankle) is no good on gravel. (jk) ;)  

Beemer

travisaurusrex
Where in the bay you at? We were originally going to go down mines to MT Hamilton and then up calavares but they closed a big section because they're rebuilding the dam for the reservoir. We just went to the junction and turned around.
I'm in the central valley, not the bay. 
I was thinking I would do Mines Rd and Del Puerto Canyon Rd.

• 9 months later...
Me an a buddy took mines Rd in Livermore CA down to the junction restaurant. Awesome canyon roads alot of fun single lane with awesome transitions and switchbacks. I can officially say I've got like no chicken strips left which is pretty cool.
On the back there was gravel and loose rocks on alot of the insides of the Rings handers on the mountain. I was being careful and I thought it was a corner with no gravel. Yep. Definitely wrong on that one. Came in slow and started to power outve it at the apex and the rear end spun out. Pretty rough fishtail as it started to come back. Luckily I didn't high or low side it but in the process of almost throwing me off my R foot came off the pegs abs slammed my ankle into the swingarm. Definitely the closest I've come to crashing a bike. Glad I got to walk away with only a bruise on my ankle.
Learn to wear boots.  Save lots of bruises on shins,,,

Archived