The MT-07 Forum

sc project vs akrapovic

zoltan

The Akra and the Leo Vince look the way they do because they do their job, Modulating Back pressure to get the proper wave harmonics, while reducing noise and maximizing performance. The SC looks cool but basically a straight pipe glass pack. It is super loud if that is what you want. It should cost 300 bucks.
I know some will argue, but it only my opinion. To each his own, My LeoVince with out the baffle hurts my ears. Literally. I wear ear plugs if I take it out. If you are looking for the best performance ask an experienced dyno tuner like 2WDW which will give you what you want

The Akra and the Leo Vince look the way they do because they do their job, Modulating Back pressure to get the proper wave harmonics, while reducing noise and maximizing performance. The SC looks cool but basically a straight pipe glass pack. It is super loud if that is what you want. It should cost 300 bucks. I know some will argue, but it only my opinion. To each his own, My LeoVince with out the baffle hurts my ears. Literally. I wear ear plugs if I take it out. If you are looking for the best performance ask an experienced dyno tuner like 2WDW which will give you what you want.

SC Project owner here and I totally agree with everything you said. Well, almost everything, I think you're kind of exaggerating on the price part. But everything else you said are simply objective facts and I don't see anyone trying to argue with you.

Any exhaust is designed as a compromisation of different things (looks, sound, performance, weigh, emissions, cost, etc). I don't think the SC is made poorly, it's just a solution that is looks & sound oriented. So, if you're mainly interested in those two things when looking for an exhaust, it's one of the best solutions out there. It really is not designed for performance, but not because the company lacks the know-how (they're in MotoGP after all) or because they tried to make a cheap product(the quality of the product is top notch). They simply went another direction than the manufacturers you mentioned.

By the way, I'm pretty sure nobody's spending 500-1000$ to gain those 1-3hp. If you're really looking for performance, an exhaust is probably one of the worst power per buck mods you can get. So just pick the exhaust you like best and enjoy it the way you want to.  ;)

The Akra and the Leo Vince look the way they do because they do their job, Modulating Back pressure to get the proper wave harmonics, while reducing noise and maximizing performance. The SC looks cool but basically a straight pipe glass pack. It is super loud if that is what you want. It should cost 300 bucks. I know some will argue, but it only my opinion. To each his own, My LeoVince with out the baffle hurts my ears. Literally. I wear ear plugs if I take it out. If you are looking for the best performance ask an experienced dyno tuner like 2WDW which will give you what you want.

SC Project owner here and I totally agree with everything you said. Well, almost everything, I think you're kind of exaggerating on the price part. But everything else you said are simply objective facts and I don't see anyone trying to argue with you.  

Any exhaust is designed as a compromisation of different things (looks, sound, performance, weigh, emissions, cost, etc). I don't think the SC is made poorly, it's just a solution that is looks & sound oriented. So, if you're mainly interested in those two things when looking for an exhaust, it's one of the best solutions out there. It really is not designed for performance, but not because the company lacks the know-how (they're in MotoGP after all) or because they tried to make a cheap product(the quality of the product is top notch). They simply went another direction than the manufacturers you mentioned.

By the way, I'm pretty sure nobody's spending 500-1000$ to gain those 1-3hp. If you're really looking for performance, an exhaust is probably one of the worst power per buck mods you can get. So just pick the exhaust you like best and enjoy it the way you want to.  ;)

Agreeing! (SC-Project owner here!)

Safe riding!

Archived