The MT-07 Forum

What up guys! New Rider in Chicago!

joey00chen

joey00chen

Recently got my FZ07. First time rider. 
I hesitated if I really want a motorcycle in Chicago for a while. But after riding this bike for couple times, i dont regret buying it at all. You gonna enjoy every nice summer day while you are young. 
This bike is a good starter bike, as long as you ride responsibly. 

I've seen couple FZ07 on the street in city of Chicago, hope I can meet some here in the forum. Maybe ride together, talk about maintenance, parts, sports and everything.

Glad to join here.

• Premium Member

Welcome, Joey!
Stay safe out there.
Dunno if you've gotten around to reading some books about how to ride and be safe in general traffic but if you haven't I can recommend some books.

joey00chen
Welcome, Joey! Stay safe out there.
Dunno if you've gotten around to reading some books about how to ride and be safe in general traffic but if you haven't I can recommend some books.

Yeah please do that. I dont have any books, but i am on Youtube a lot watching how people ride and talking about the noob mistakes for newbees. lol

• Premium Member

Alright, here you go, buddy:
"Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well" - this is easy to read and gives you a good idea of the basics of riding and how to think about hazards.
"Total Control: High Performance Street Riding Techniques, 2nd Edition" - a little more technical but, I think, you will get more out of it
"A Twist of the Wrist Vol. 2: The Basics of High-Performance Motorcycle Riding" - another good book but I personally didn't like the way it was written when I looked at it at the bookstore (it's full of great material though)

Also, there's a video covering the material to the last book and you could probably find it by doing a simple search for "twist of the wrist"

Archived