The MT-07 Forum

Slip on exhausts

maz20

Hi, I just have two small questions about slip-on exhaust options for the FZ-07:
1) Is there a slip-on where I don't have to cut or saw off any part of the stock exhaust system? (e.g., just unscrew/remove something more easily)
2) If not, is there a way to re-purchase & re-install the "stock" exhaust components (that have been cut through) to replace the cut/sawed ones?

Thanks a ton!!! : )

1. That isn't possible because the stock exhaust is one piece. The can is permanently attached (minus the heat shielding). So cutting is the only option for the FZ07 "slip on".
2. Ebay, forum classifieds (here or elsewhere) or buying new from parts houses.  Once again, you will be buying the ENTIRE exhaust system since it is one piece.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

berettatrio

You could always buy a full exhaust and save the stock one if you ever want to switch

I know there are people that have stock exhausts that they are willing to sell if you need a backup, I'd be willing to part with mine if you are in the area for a good price as well, but going with a full exhaust, while a bit more expensive, is probably the easiest solution.

AlbatrossCafe

I really wouldn't sweat it. I think I sold my stock exhaust for $60, maybe $40. They are just rocks that sit in the back of everyone's garage. You find find them for cheap. I also highly you doubt you will ever think of the stock exhaust again after upgrading ;)

Archived