The MT-07 Forum

Anyone notice this happening with their bike?

kaleb

When I pop my bike into neutral from 1st and release the clutch(only while it's running) the engine sound suddenly gets louder. Has anyone else noticed that with their bike? It's also a brand new bike maybe that's why?

Talking completely on assumption and out of my ass, drive gears have a resistance on the engine because its physically turning something. When in neutral, there is no resistance, allowing the engine to run faster (higher RPMS= more noise).

Cars do this as well.  Except many cars have natural insulation from the engine as well as many automatics don't have tachometers.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Talking completely on assumption and out of my ass, drive gears have a resistance on the engine because its physically turning something. When in neutral, there is no resistance, allowing the engine to run faster (higher RPMS= more noise). 
Cars do this as well.
Hard to notice much on cars because you're not sitting on the engine. Hah

• 4 months later...

It's normal when you pull and release the clutch you are adding and releasing end force on the
clutch and it's shaft and going into neutral unlocks gears from other gears and shafts
nothing to worry about.

As others have stated completely normal. Every bike I have had has made this type of noise. Throw on a nice open exhaust system and you will not need to worry about that sound anymore :)

It's common to see the rear tire start turning if you have you rear tire off the ground, in 1 st gear w/engine running and clutch in. Put it in neutral and it stops. Don't sweat it.

Beemer

As others have stated completely normal. Every bike I have had has made this type of noise. Throw on a nice open exhaust system and you will not need to worry about that sound anymore :)

Thank you

Archived