The MT-07 Forum

Greetings from Michigan!

inventowiz

Hi everyone!

I've had my 2016 blurple for a few months now, and I'm already over 1500 miles! Absolutely loving the bike after coming from my '07 Ninja 250 (I mean, what's not to love about this thing).

Current mods thus far:
Puig Touring windscreen, adjusted to go over my head
SWMOTECH Centerstand (this thing is great for chain servicing) 
Vagabond frame sliders
Custom cell phone mount w/ custom aux power harness

In the pipeline:
Custom radiator guard
Integrated tail light
Much more!

Looking forward to gaining many more miles this summer!

Welcome aboard and nice bike! I've always been interested in getting a centerstand so I just checked out the SWMOTECH Centerstand on amazon and it's a little pricey @ $279.95 but when I consider how it's very multi functional it seems to be worth the price. I think it would be great for parking, oil changes and chain lubes mostly. How you liking yours so far? Easy to operate?

Beemer

Welcome aboard and nice bike! I've always been interested in getting a centerstand so I just checked out the SWMOTECH Centerstand on amazon and it's a little pricey @ $279.95 but when I consider how it's very multi functional it seems to be worth the price. I think it would be great for parking, oil changes and chain lubes mostly. How you liking yours so far? Easy to operate?
Yeah, it was a bit expensive but definitely worth it...I actually bought it on RevZilla and was able to get it for $260 with a $10 credit for next time. It's really easy to operate and get the rear wheel off the ground, and it's stable enough that I don't feel like I'm going to lose it when removing or torquing the rear axle nut. I haven't tried to get it on the stand while I'm sitting on the bike, so if that's how you do it, you may have more trouble. From the side it's no problem whatsoever. I also haven't had any issues with ground clearance, and the way they designed it is nice in that it's easy to remove the stand without the mounting plates if you ever go to the track. 
Word of warning on installation: make sure you get some loctite for the bolts, and definitely buy an allen socket adapter set. I tried to get the OE bolts off with a standard allen wrench, and even with extra leverage they were really difficult to get off. For some reason Yamaha uses the non-removable loctite which makes things difficult. You'll also want to have a buddy (or a sturdy pole/wall) around because you have to remove the kickstand to get to one of the bolts. 

Archived