The MT-07 Forum

Remapping ECU vs Power commander

zoltan

Here in the UK I've got 2 years. That's good. But in this case it's bad
Whaaaaat?!! Two years?! Are we dogs over here? (I'm laughing as I say this) Why I wonder.

Take it this way: we don't know how to drive. Do you think driving in the wrong f"-#? lane is easy? We need that 2 years.
But perhaps it's only me. I mean maybe I got a good deal from a good dealer. I don't know anything about the rest.
I will post this question on this forum to find out.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
mrangrygamer

What would you suggest if I run a exhaust dump valve then, does a power commander automatically adjust the air fuel ratio?

• Global Moderator
What would you suggest if I run a exhaust dump valve then, does a power commander automatically adjust the air fuel ratio?
What is an exhaust dump valve?

• 4 weeks later...
2wheeldynoworks
i wouldnt suggest it unless you're running a turbo application, exhaust cut outs on motorcycles do not get gains like cars do. also no, the power commander would not. auto tune might be able to keep up with it however if you were going to do that, you'd want a pcv with map switch and have a tuner build a tune for both options

basically you can install a bypass into your exhaust system prior to the cat/muffler however this is not used on motorcycles

i wouldnt suggest it unless you're running a turbo application, exhaust cut outs on motorcycles do not get gains like cars do. also no, the power commander would not. auto tune might be able to keep up with it however if you were going to do that, you'd want a pcv with map switch and have a tuner build a tune for both options 

basically you can install a bypass into your exhaust system prior to the cat/muffler however this is not used on motorcycles
 I don't plan on doing it for any power gains so that isn't an issue. Mainly want to do it because I love the sound of a straight piped fz07 but don't want to wake up any neighbors if I get home late. 

• 2 years later...
On 7/3/2016 at 2:04 AM, Beemer said:

Whaaaaat?!! Two years?! Are we dogs over here? (I'm laughing as I say this) Why I wonder.

Would this be a good time to mention that here in Switzerland they come with 3yr warranty? 😄

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, upacs said:

Would this be a good time to mention that here in Switzerland they come with 3yr warranty? 😄

Swiss: Trade you three years supply of our best Swiss Cheese for three years of warranty.

Yamaha: Deal!!!

• Haha 1

Beemer

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Swiss: Trade you three years supply of our best Swiss Cheese for three years of warranty.

Yamaha: Deal!!!

If they had traded Swiss chocolate they could have had a five year warranty. :) 

• Like 2