The MT-07 Forum

Givi Top Box

deosan

Bought another passenger seat and Givi Universal mounting plate and attached them together for an easy switch. So convenient for commuting or a quick trip to the grocery store!

db5a7da8a2ab7cb08fb16f924f8daccc.jpg

b76d7e41b62f880f81efcc0a2acc9f52.jpg

49d5e39a9d9302f0809cee3605e5d9b9.jpg

b8f9ad0fe1a3c4339cbdc6346645a157.jpg

• Premium Member

Wow, I really like that. I wonder if you could get it lower
by removing the padding from the extra seat.

2015 FZ07; Yoshimura Exhaust; Yoshimura Fender Eliminator; Shorty levers; Bazzaz EFC, frame sliders, LED signals, Yamaha Comfy Seat, Madstad Windshield.

Wow, I really like that. I wonder if you could get it lower by removing the padding from the extra seat.

The padding actually helps to act like a flat platform.  Twisted Throttle sells the SW-MOTECH Seat Rack that replaces the passenger seat and acts as a flat surface area for luggage or mounting plates but it is expensive.  I opted to just buy a replacement OEM seam which was significantly cheaper.  Along with the Givi Universal mounting plate, they both came out cheaper than the SW-Motech seat rack. 

I think that is a 350 or 35 liter(?) I could be wrong. I wonder how a big one would look. I want to be able to fit my jacket and helmet but that might be too big and would look ridiculous.

What size box are you using?
Mine is the Givi E30 Monolock.  30 Liters.
Thanks! That size fit the bike better than a huge box. some of the large boxes are really wide.

Archived