The MT-07 Forum

What lighting have you added to your bike?

enupe

• Premium Member

I had daytime running lights and blinkers added as well as the red rear lighting which is located under the seat
.[attachment id=1839" thumbnail="1]

AlbatrossCafe

The DRL inside the front fairing vents is a great idea! Looks sweet. What did you use to light them up?

I have an extra set of LED signals underneath the seat on each side:

http://i.imgur.com/0uKpNyl.jpg

• Premium Member

Mine are LED lighting as well. Unlike some, I don't have the capability to do my own work, so I take my ideas to the shop and have them implement them. So as far a more specifics on the lighting I can't give you that. I tell them what I want or he makes suggestions and we run with it.
www.trickedoutcycles.com

Here's a better view from before I put my bar end mirrors on:
www.dropbox.com/s/3wgo2l6wvyuwrwy/2015%20Yamaha%20FZ-07%20Lighting%202.mp4?dl=0

• Premium Member

Cyclops 3800 led headlight
 Blue led '194' bulb under headlight
 4x Denali dm micros mounted on the forks
 4x Bikevis Bullets (2 blue, 2 white) beside windscreen
 4x Rizoma avio21 turn signals
 Air scoop light strip mod (which I need to rewire.)
 I also made some custom cabochon style side DRL/blinkers with floating yamaha symbols for the air scoops.

[attachment id=1897" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1898" thumbnail="1]

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I need to take some more pics as it gets darker in order to see the lights better. Not quite sure how well my cell cam will as it gets darker out but I will try.

• Premium Member

Forgot to post these. Better view of the lighting under my seat.

twowheeladdict

My lighting is for commuting and touring purposes. Better visibility and safety.

Added my Denali D1s that were purchased in 2011 and have over 30,000 miles of time on them.

412642673.jpg

On the rear, I added SkeneDesign Run/brake LEDs on the license plate, and Admorelighting Run/Turn/Brake lights to the GIVI V3 bags.

412476028.jpg

2015 FZ-07

• 6 months later...
Forgot to post these. Better view of the lighting under my seat.
Wow, this is great, i had the same idea for my Daytona 675, i have some screen for ventilation up by the passenger pillong and i was gong to intergrate some LED's to splice into my electrical system as Turn/Brake lights. I also did a similar project on my Ninja 300 as well.  
I would like to mention i did see someone install single module LED's to a single circuit inside of the passenger foot pegs which i thought was  creative touch

Cyclops 3800 led headlight  Blue led '194' bulb under headlight
 I also made some custom cabochon style side DRL/blinkers with floating yamaha symbols for the air scoops.

How did you make those Yamaha DRL/blinkers on the scoops? Why hasn't anyone else asked this question? Those are awesome! 

• Premium Member
 Cyclops 3800 led headlight  Blue led '194' bulb under headlight

How did you make those Yamaha DRL/blinkers on the scoops? Why hasn't anyone else asked this question? Those are awesome!
Thanks! They were a lot of work figuring out the exact materials, tracking down,and making (because im so damned picky) all the necessary bits and pieces. Here's a link to the original post with some basic info on how I made/prepped them... 
http://fz07.org/search/results?captcha_id=captcha_search&what_all=Got+cracking+on+my+cabochon+side+marker+mod+&who_only_made_by=0&display_as=0&search=Search

[attachment id=2431" thumbnail="1]

The cabochon was made with a basic jewelry mold (2 inch I think) ...a flattened dome style, and standard art casting resin. I cut a 2inch or so piece of the acrylic tube (1.5 inch-O.D.) and affixed the 40mm 3-D yamaha sticker (ebay) to the end of it, and rigged up a little stand/system with blocks/lego and toothpicks (drilled through one end of the tube) to very carefully and evenly suspended it in the resin (24hrs) to give the appearance of the floating logo. Removed and sprayed with gloss clearcoat.

A few changes in design from this older post....
For the final application I cut large thin rubber washers for the exterior side of the scoops for a decent professional looking seating/seal of the cabochon to the scoop. To secure the tube super tight to the scoops I used large "external circlip retaining rings" on the interior side of the scoops. I think for panel/scoop reassembly on the bike the final acrylic tube length was 1.5 inches or so.
Instead of whats pictured in my older post, I inserted the lights into a small section of dense foamy tattoo machine grip cover and inserted this into the acrylic tube, a lucky snug fit and this way the lights are easily removed/replaced.
Wired these up with some blinker genies and voila!

I only bought enough materials for a couple practice/screwup runs and a final but if you want to take a stab at making these yourself and have any questions I'd be happy to help.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

posted this in my in depth thread, but this is another good excuse to post it. also havent seen any with lights in the vents in here yet

30935772584_9731f04a77_c.jpg

Archived