The MT-07 Forum

2WheelDynoworks ECU Reflash

othgbronco82

othgbronco82

I just got my ECU back from 2WheelDynoworks yesterday and got it installed. I originally was debating on whether or not to get a PCV or get a reflash until I posted on this awesome website asking for opinions. Seeing as both are pretty close in price, with the reflash being like $50 cheaper than a Power Commander online, I went with a reflash. All I have to say is do it. You will not be disappointed. The bike is so much smoother now both on and off throttle and when shifting. I can now shift without the clutch much easier in lower gears. It still has that little lurch forward but I'm pretty sure that's because of how much traction you have on the street. It's just like taking a 450 motocross bike from the dirt to the street, it has that little lurch when you shift unlike on the dirt. Alright, back to the reflash. When I put on the Delkevic full exhaust system, which is great btw, I had a pretty long and annoying decel popping/crackling and also had some popping every once in awhile when shifting into 2nd or 3rd. That pop when shifting is still there if I shift just right, but it happens way less and is a lot harder to find that sweet spot than before. The engine braking isn't nearly as bad as it was before. I actually kinda liked the engine braking though so I could care less. It's just way smoother over all now. Plus, I'll actually use my brakes more now. :D  On top of all that, I can run my baffle in or out and not have to worry about the tune changing. But, that's only for the Delkevic exhaust as far as I know. If you have a Yoshi or an Akro you'll probably have to have them reflash it for without the baffle if you decide to yank it out. Over all I'm really happy that I had 2WDW reflash it. Also got some nice stickers to put on my bike somewhere. Thanks Pat and Nels! I'll definitely be sending people your way. Plus, I'll probably send my next bikes ECU to you guys too.

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
I just got my ECU back from 2WheelDynoworks yesterday and got it installed. I originally was debating on whether or not to get a PCV or get a reflash until I posted on this awesome website asking for opinions. Seeing as both are pretty close in price, with the reflash being like $50 cheaper than a Power Commander online, I went with a reflash. All I have to say is do it. You will not be disappointed. The bike is so much smoother now both on and off throttle and when shifting. I can now shift without the clutch much easier in lower gears. It still has that little lurch forward but I'm pretty sure that's because of how much traction you have on the street. It's just like taking a 450 motocross bike from the dirt to the street, it has that little lurch when you shift unlike on the dirt. Alright, back to the reflash. When I put on the Delkevic full exhaust system, which is great btw, I had a pretty long and annoying decel popping/crackling and also had some popping every once in awhile when shifting into 2nd or 3rd. That pop when shifting is still there if I shift just right, but it happens way less and is a lot harder to find that sweet spot than before. The engine braking isn't nearly as bad as it was before. I actually kinda liked the engine braking though so I could care less. It's just way smoother over all now. Plus, I'll actually use my brakes more now. :D  On top of all that, I can run my baffle in or out and not have to worry about the tune changing. But, that's only for the Delkevic exhaust as far as I know. If you have a Yoshi or an Akro you'll probably have to have them reflash it for without the baffle if you decide to yank it out. Over all I'm really happy that I had 2WDW reflash it. Also got some nice stickers to put on my bike somewhere. Thanks Pat and Nels! I'll definitely be sending people your way. Plus, I'll probably send my next bikes ECU to you guys too.
 So are you saying even after the reflash that you still are getting pops? If so then I would check for some exhaust leaks or consult with the guys that did the relash. I think you should be getting close to zero after a flash. my friend put a Delkevic 8" full system on his Fz07 and had very few pops with no tune, after he got a EJK  he had zero pops or backfires.

So are you saying even after the reflash that you still are getting pops? If so then I would check for some exhaust leaks or consult with the guys that did the relash. I think you should be getting close to zero after a flash. my friend put a Delkevic 8" full system on his Fz07 and had very few pops with no tune, after he got a EJK  he had zero pops or backfires.
It's really only on decel and it has to be the right conditions. And yes, there is an exhaust leak and I know exactly where it's at since there's black carbon marks where the collector and midpipe come together. I just haven't gotten a chance to get out to my friends shop to have him weld them together. I may have him shorten it too so I can get a lower mounting spot like the yoshi.

That is good to hear. I plan on sending them mine for a Akra no baffle flash.
I think most of my bikes are going to get a reflash by them unless I find somewhere cheaper. I have Metric Method not to far away from me and I know they tune and stuff like that. But I don't know how much they charge. My biggest problem right now is do I want an R1 or a FZ-10 for my next bike once the FZ-07 is paid off. :-S

Archived