The MT-07 Forum

Side cover powder coat

iluvspdtt

• Premium Member
@pgeldz I've decided to go another direction with my foot pegs. Thanks for your suggestion and help anyway. I saw another member had these on his bike and loved the look. Plus I am a fan of the quality of Rizoma parts. These are gonna look great on my bike. Got them for both the rider and passenger pegs.
No worries!  Rizoma makes very nice stuff as well.

:)

- Paulie

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Absolutely. I have Rizoma grips, and Spy R-80 Bar End Mirrors as well. Love them!!

• Premium Member
sucks they dont make the rearset mounting plates in black.
It appears on the Tracer 700 overseas, they are! 

- Paulie

- Paulie
will have to research ordering if its cheap enough

might as well powder coat

• Global Moderator

- Paulie
Spray paint... it isnt that hard...

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Was it hard to remove the swing arm bolt?

• Global Moderator
Not at all... 19mm socket to remove the nut, 6mm allen to remove the right rearset. 8mm allen to remove the lower bolts of the side plate... sooo much loctite on these

next put the bike on a front and rear stand,
then youve gotta get the weight off the pivot bolt, i used a small jack under the oil-pan to place a jack stand under the suspension link.
I then used an old tire iron to push the bolt out and replace it, to let the weight sit back on the rear stand while the paint dried.
removing the left rearset(6mm allen), sidestand(8mm allen), and the sideplate lower bolts(8mm allen)
all of these have quite a bit of loctite

Its just the reverse to re-assemble

• Premium Member

- Paulie
See, now you got me going back to the shop again.

Not at all... 19mm socket to remove the nut, 6mm allen to remove the right rearset. 8mm allen to remove the lower bolts of the side plate... sooo much loctite on these 
next put the bike on a front and rear stand,
then youve gotta get the weight off the pivot bolt, i used a small jack under the oil-pan to place a jack stand under the suspension link.
I then used an old tire iron to push the bolt out and replace it, to let the weight sit back on the rear stand while the paint dried.
removing the left rearset(6mm allen), sidestand(8mm allen), and the sideplate lower bolts(8mm allen)
all of these have quite a bit of loctite

Its just the reverse to re-assemble

thank you sir! will be trying this out while the temps are hot enough to cook me alive.

• Premium Member

- Paulie
@pgeldz So I stopped by the Yamaha Shop today trying to order the mounting plate and foot shifting arm in black. Couldn't get it because it doesn't come in black on any US bikes. Yes it comes in black on the Tracer 700 but they couldn't order it here in the US. Can you tell me how to go about ordering them from the UK? Parts names, numbers, and a possible site or number to call in order to place an order? Motorcycle parts is not an area of expertise for me.

• Premium Member

@pgeldz from what I see these are the US parts that I need. Just don't know how to go about ordering them in black from the UK.

• Premium Member

@enupe,

I don't have a source as of yet for OEM Yamaha Parts from Europe.

I'd ask a forum member overseas if he can help you acquire the parts you need. That's what I did when I got the Black pivot covers before they were available on the US bike. I guy from Belgium helped me out...

- Paulie

• Premium Member

Ok. So did you just put out a general post requesting help from a member overseas?

Guest Ralph

Don't think you will get them from the UK as the Tracer 700 is not on sale yet
and with the Tracer 900 they would not sell Tracer parts without proof of ownership
to stop people turning MT's into Tracers.

• Global Moderator
Don't think you will get them from the UK as the Tracer 700 is not on sale yet and with the Tracer 900 they would not sell Tracer parts without proof of ownership
to stop people turning MT's into Tracers.
Do you guys not have online sites where you can purchase replacement parts?

• Premium Member

@ralph will the part from the Tracer 900 fit on the FZ-07? Proof of ownership is obviously no problem.

Guest Ralph
@ralph will the part from the Tracer 900 fit on the FZ-07? Proof of ownership is obviously no problem.
No I don't think so but have not looked, It seems Spain is a likely source, I would think that there will be dealers in the EU if not the UK that will
post parts to you once the bike becomes more available, I've not seen one
yet but it wont be cheep, although if you were to get them direct from
a dealer you can sometimes get some of the tax back as they are going
for export. when I say proof of ownership I mean ownership of a Tracer
not a MT, so they would not sell the bits to me as a MT owner, I will next 
time I am in the dealer ask what the position would be and if they
would be interested in selling to the US.
You can ask your self if you want heres the site.

http://www.racewaysmotorcycles.co.uk/

• Premium Member

@enupe ,

My original thought in letting everyone know that the side cover plates, pivot cover, heel guards, and rear axle holders are available in Black on the US model with Yellow wheels was to save folks time and money over powder coating, since many powder coaters have a minimum set up charge that may be over the cost to buy these parts new from Yamaha.

However, in the case of the Black plates on the Tracer 700 (the plates that the rearsets actually bolt to), I honestly don't think it would be cost effective to buy these from overseas, due to shipping/customs charges, etc. The plates are in an area of the bike that when Black, are barely seen...so for this item, I think it would be better to just paint it, plasti dip it, etc. I know how you feel about spray paint, so to get the finish you're looking for, powder coating would be the best option, which at this point, might actually be less expensive then trying to get these two parts from overseas, which was my whole point in the first place...to save money.

There's always the option of using the adjustable plates from AP MotoArts, which are Black already, and give you the option of different mounting locations than stock - which might be cheaper than the OEM overseas option, or powder coating the OEM ones you already have.

Just a thought...

- Paulie

• Premium Member
No I don't think so but have not looked, It seems Spain is a likely source, I would think that there will be dealers in the EU if not the UK that will
post parts to you once the bike becomes more available, I've not seen one
yet but it wont be cheep, although if you were to get them direct from
a dealer you can sometimes get some of the tax back as they are going
for export. when I say proof of ownership I mean ownership of a Tracer
not a MT, so they would not sell the bits to me as a MT owner, I will next 
time I am in the dealer ask what the position would be and if they
would be interested in selling to the US.
You can ask your self if you want heres the site.

http://www.racewaysmotorcycles.co.uk/

Thank you @ralph.

• Premium Member

@pgeldz Thanks for the suggestions. I've pretty much decided to take my bike to the shop and have the powdercoating done. I see that trying to get the parts from oversees is gonna be a major hastle.

• Premium Member

@enupe

Just remember that the pivot covers are actually plastic, so I would just get those OEM since they are now available in the US on the model with Yellow wheels. I think they might melt if you tried to powdercoat them.

- Paulie

• Global Moderator
@enupe 
Just remember that the pivot covers are actually plastic, so I would just get those OEM since they are now available in the US on the model with Yellow wheels. I think they might melt if you tried to powdercoat them.

- Paulie
They wont melt... but they do warp unfortunately....
hence why mine are painted now

• Premium Member

Lol...already have them on order at the shop. In fact everything is on order at the shop but those few remaining parts that I can't get. Thanks.

• Premium Member

For those interested, you can order worldwide parts at the following site:
http://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu

Prior to going there you need to find your parts #'s in Europe. Certain black parts are available on the Tracer 700 (which is the FZ07 redesigned) in black. Go to www.yamaha-motor.eu and select UK (Great Britian)for the full english site.

Once in there, navigate in the menu section and go to "Services --> Parts Catalogue". Once in there, go the about the middle of the page and click on "Yamaha Online Parts Catalogue" button.

This will open a new windows were you need to accept the terms and conditions to continue so just go ahead and click "I Agree". Once the page load just follow the steps 1, 2 & 3 by selecting:

Step 1: Displacement: 401-750
Step 2: Model Name: MT07 TRACER ABS - MTT690-A
Step 3: Model Year: 2016

Once ready, click "Search" button on the right side and you can select either model listed there as the only difference is color choice.
After selecting it the catalogue will be presented to you. In here you can navigate/scroll to "35: Stand & Footrest" and check the part numbers for the components you need. You can then do the same for "36: Stand & Footrest 2".

Here are the remaining parts that I need on black, that I could not order in the US, just to give you an idea. Came out to €242.28 (Euros) which is $267.71. Shipping €29.99 (Euros), $33.14. I haven't placed my order yet.

Archived