The MT-07 Forum

Side cover powder coat

iluvspdtt

I ordered the black covers off the 2016 armor grey model. Put it on before my motocage and it looks utterly perfect. Plus I know it won't chip or rub off like plasti-dip. Paid like 36 bucks a piece for them.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I ordered the black covers off the 2016 armor grey model. Put it on before my motocage and it looks utterly perfect. Plus I know it won't chip or rub off like plasti-dip. Paid like 36 bucks a piece for them.
Pics please?

@enupe Nice selection you got there. It'll def add that midnight touch the bike needs!

a941b3501ac648273ed7b667b9b1b507.jpg

dcf3de6d160e2d63c521ae370485abde.jpg

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member
Can't wait to black it out on both sides. It's gonna look hot!
That bike looks fantastic now, but it will definitely be fantasticer! 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
Can't wait to black it out on both sides. It's gonna look hot!
That bike looks fantastic now, but it will definitely be fantasticer!
Thanks, I'm trying.

Guys, please consider buying 3 dollar krylon plastic matte or satin black rattle can paint to spray those round caps instead of wasting 20 dollars on prepainted black ones...

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

Lmao...it's very interesting that you use the term "wasting". I am certainly not wasting any money. $20 or more certainly isn't going to break me. I would much rather spend some money making sure that my bike looks great instead of looking cheap, which TO ME spray painting anything on my bike certainly would look cheap as hell. Just my opinion! Never would I take a can of spray paint to my bike. If anything I would take it AGAIN to have something professionally powdercoated. You can choose to spray paint yours, I will spend a little more money on mine. To each their own.

• Global Moderator
Guys, please consider buying 3 dollar krylon plastic matte or satin black rattle can paint to spray those round caps instead of wasting 20 dollars on prepainted black ones...
Spending the extra... if you have it.. allows for a much more durable and finished look...
for once i agree with enupe and will be getting some of the black.factory parts just for the durability aspect

I have gone the.paint route twice now... and have amassed a massive rustoleum collsction because of it.
i pride myself in being a decent painter... but even i'm not perfect and a rattle can can only do so much... especially in mattr/flat color options

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

@sorkyah For me spending that little bit more money provides me with peace of mind. It guarantees me that everything on my bike blends together and as you said has that "durable and finished look" which is key for me.

• Premium Member
@pgeldz I stopped by the Yamaha Shop today and placed the order for those blacked out 2016 parts. Thanks for that info.
Anytime! 
Ya know, they also have the heel guards and rear axle carriers in Black also...just sayin'

:D

- Paulie

• Premium Member

@pgeldz Thanks! I was actually going to go backnto the shop next week to look into them. I got home yesterday and was madbat myself for not looking into them. I also want to switch out my passenger footpegs for the exact same in black but can't find them. Any help would be appreciated?

Lmao...it's very interesting that you use the term "wasting". I am certainly not wasting any money. $20 or more certainly isn't going to break me. I would much rather spend some money making sure that my bike looks great instead of looking cheap, which TO ME spray painting anything on my bike certainly would look cheap as hell. Just my opinion! Never would I take a can of spray paint to my bike. If anything I would take it AGAIN to have something professionally powdercoated. You can choose to spray paint yours, I will spend a little more money on mine. To each their own.
Plastic cannot be powdercoated.  Hence, spray paint. 
I came from the strange and magical past in the year 2014 where yamaha didn't have black heel and leg guards so I had to get them powder coated myself and the plastic caps cannot be powder coated, so I had no choice but to spray paint them myself hence the comment I made.  Its been 2 years and it still unscratched and looks good.

Just wanted you to know where I was coming from. 

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

Bro, I appreciate your concern for me and my bike, but I am good. I have taken my bike and had various pieces of my bike professionally powdercoated, painted, or however else we want to term it. I will NEVER take a can of spray paint to my bike. If that is what you want to do with your then by all means do so. But I choose to have my bike looking a certain way and taking a can of spray paint to my bike is not the look that I want. FYI: tank (painted), wheels (powdercoated), area between the two seats (painted), rear tail piece (painted), area under rear seat (painted). Don't know where you took your bike to try and get your work done but I am good with mine.

• Premium Member
@pgeldz Thanks! I was actually going to go backnto the shop next week to look into them. I got home yesterday and was madbat myself for not looking into them. I also want to switch out my passenger footpegs for the exact same in black but can't find them. Any help would be appreciated?
I haven't researched stock passenger pegs in Black.  Most folks who change out pegs, usually go aftermarket because they are usually more grippy, and in the case of the main footpegs, they don't have the feelers and you get better ground clearance :)

Gilles Tooling makes a nice matching set for rider and passenger, and they even have a color kit accessory available for them to add a splash of Red.  Would look good on your bike I'd think :)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
@pgelgz Can you post a link for me? Your information is very helpful.

Check your PM's (again)

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

I am thinking about those foot pegs. What's the difference between all the different blacks?

• Premium Member

@pgeldz I've decided to go another direction with my foot pegs. Thanks for your suggestion and help anyway. I saw another member had these on his bike and loved the look. Plus I am a fan of the quality of Rizoma parts. These are gonna look great on my bike. Got them for both the rider and passenger pegs.

• Premium Member

Here's the Rizoma peg on the other member's bike. Mind you I'll have that area blacked out on mine.

Archived