The MT-07 Forum

Side cover powder coat

iluvspdtt

So I decided to take my side covers off and spray them with some chassis black just to make sure I was going to like the look before committing to powder coat. Now the question is, does anyone know of a place that could color match the powder coat to the dark bronze color of the engine covers? If I can't get them matched to that I'll stick with matte black to match the rest of the bike but just thought the bronze would look good. Next question, does anyone know of a good powder coater that does mail order? There really aren't any places close to me to have it done. Thanks in advance guys/gals.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

www.trickedoutcycles.com
This is where I got all the work done on my bike, powdercoated wheels, space between the seats, rear of back seat, and tank. Also other asthetics to the bike were done there. You can contact them about having parts mailed to them to be powdercoated or contact them to inquire about other alternatives to having the work done for you.

I decided to just go with flat black. My uncle said he'd do them for me, just gotta mail them to him. He has a set of risers for another bike of mine for 4 years. Lol. He said he forgot about them and would ship everything back together in a week.

• Premium Member

Just a heads up for those wanting to black out their side frame covers, pivot cover caps, heal guards, and rear axle holders...

The new 2016 FZ-07 with Yellow wheels has these items Black from the factory. Some powder coaters have a minimum set up charge of $150 or sometimes more. Depending how much you are getting charged to professionally paint or powder coat these items it may be less expensive to just go to buy the Yamaha OEM pieces that are already Black. And the bonus is you have a spare set in case you lay the bike down and damage them.

Just sayin'

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

Thanks for that info. I was thinking of getting mine powdercoated but I just may go this route.

• Global Moderator

In response to @pgeldz above...

12475c9e0a66851b961d33881e2c3728.jpg

Those are the part numbers and prices via yamahapartshouse.com

other places are about the same price... and shipping is another 10-20 bucks depending on where you live in the states

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
@sorkyah are those Black?
Yes, they are (part numbers for Black) 
:)

- Paulie

• Global Moderator
@sorkyah are those Black?
Yeah... they are black... i didnt read pauls post fully... or i'd have placed those on my parts order too.... But the parts i posted are just the side and pivot covers

as it is... i went ahead and painted them all flat black this past sunday

• Premium Member

I gonna order mine very soon. I prefer mine to look like it came from the factory.

• Global Moderator
I gonna order mine very soon. I prefer mine to look like it came from the factory.
With the rest of your bike looking the way it does... i didnt think that would be an issue

But i'm in the same boat... waiting on my paycheck to place the order... parts are already saved to cart

• Premium Member

Lmao...I was thinking the same thing. I am just going to get my resets powdercoated so that it's all blacked out. Just measns it'll cost me a little less due to having less parts to have powdercoated.

• Global Moderator
sucks they dont make the rearset mounting plates in black.
They dont?

dbfc1df57380534585c6e6b89a5ceea1.jpg

sucks they dont make the rearset mounting plates in black.
They dont? 
where? i needs! lol the ones from yamaha are silver

• Global Moderator
They dont? 
where? i needs! lol the ones from yamaha are silver
Those are the ones from yamaha

Except i added this to it

896a4242ab6a2404f3456405c8df5e27.jpg

• Global Moderator
@sorkyah lol..booooooooooooo!
oh... come on... you know I had to

and we both know you liked it :P

Its just another small glimpse of my verynear-future unveiling of the Fizzy

Out with the old sorkyah....
and in.with the... well.. you'll see

With the rest of your bike looking the way it does... i didnt think that would be an issue 
But i'm in the same boat... waiting on my paycheck to place the order... parts are already saved to cart

thanks for the info, gonna order the black too!!!! 

• Premium Member

@pgeldz I stopped by the Yamaha Shop today and placed the order for those blacked out 2016 parts. Thanks for that info.

Archived