The MT-07 Forum

Looking to make a piggyback shock fit....

blackout

• Premium Member

I'm looking to make room for a K-Tech DDS Lite or Pro rear shock.  Switching to K&N pod filters would be one easy way.  Has anyone done this yet?  Anyone know the diameter of the throttle bodies that the pod filters would mount to?  Thanks.

124_0.jpg

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Global Moderator
I'm looking to make room for a K-Tech DDS Lite or Pro rear shock.  Switching to K&N pod filters would be one easy way.  Has anyone done this yet?  Anyone know the diameter of the throttle bodies that the pod filters would mount to?  Thanks. 
124_0.jpg

@hordpower is a supporting vendor and produces 'airboxes' for the Fz/Mt-07

They are more or less pods... hut he's added his special touches and gotten a big return in HP to boot

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
124_0.jpg

@hordpower is a supporting vendor and produces 'airboxes' for the Fz/Mt-07  
They are more or less pods... hut he's added his special touches and gotten a big return in HP to boot
Yes, but with his long runners, the filter ends up still interfering with a piggyback shock.  I'm willing to give up some HP for a piggyback shock.  It's just what I'm looking for.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

Loooking at the picture of the Hordpower airbox on the fz-07... The pod sits about finger thickness above the preload adjustment nut on the stock shock...why do you wanna fit this shock to this bike??? 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
Loooking at the picture of the Hordpower airbox on the fz-07... The pod sits about finger thickness above the preload adjustment nut on the stock shock...why do you wanna fit this shock to this bike??? 
I like the shock.  I am aware of the remote reservior options, but a piggy back makes sense as a cleaner, more reliable setup.  Plus, sometimes it's fun doing something different....

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I looked at this early on but ended up with a no reservoir shock as it is a road only bike.
I was going to make a new carbon /glass airbox with an appropriate relief in the bottom.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

bmwpowere36m3

Easy way is buying a shock that fits... beyond that you need to consider mods or removal of airbox. For me, I'm not racing... so a standard non-reservior shock is more than enough. I got a Nitron R1 for a really good deal, piston separated (nitro) not emulsion. Hell, I think it's the same design as WP and Ohlins. They might have a reservior, but that usually for off-road shocks that have tons of travel and work very hard.

booboobusfz07

Maybe check out the bitubo shocks that bellisimoto is carrying now. They've got piggyback shocks that fit .

I have the best price on K-tech shocks for the FZ07, just saying. But it's not a piggy-back.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

bellissimoto
Maybe check out the bitubo shocks that bellisimoto is carrying now. They've got piggyback shocks that fit .
^This 
:)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Premium Member
^This 

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
Do you have a direct link for the FZ-07 version and pictures of it mounted?  Thanks.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

bellissimoto
^This 

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
Do you have a direct link for the FZ-07 version and pictures of it mounted?  Thanks.
Bitubo doesn't have fitment specific pics, but a forum member has one and posted pics in this thread: 

Bitubo Race Suspension thread

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Premium Member
Bitubo doesn't have fitment specific pics, but a forum member has one and posted pics in this thread: 

Bitubo Race Suspension thread

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
Looks real nice!  Thanks!

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Archived