The MT-07 Forum

Anyone upholster a corbin seat?

captainfz07

captainfz07

Hi has anyone upholser a corbin seat? I purchased a used one and i dont like the carbon fiber exterior is a little slipery and the bottom half that can rub with bike is made out of this rugged but rough material that can scratch bike, so i placed rubber pads to prevent rubbing in 6 areas, if it were made from softer material i wouldnt put those rubber pads.
Local upholstety shop wants to know if seat is glued on or stitched on, called corbin and no answer, its saturday.
Anyone with upholstery experiece? Would appreciate the opinion. Might sell it for $225 shipped if i cant modify it. Will consider a yamaha comfort seat trade. Dont know yet :)

20160624_150510_zpsgpv9jeh2_edit_1466889978021_zpsvf5krqes.jpg

• Global Moderator
Hi has anyone upholser a corbin seat? I purchased a used one and i dont like the carbon fiber exterior is a little slipery and the bottom half that can rub with bike is made out of this rugged but rough material that can scratch bike, so i placed rubber pads to prevent rubbing in 6 areas, if it were made from softer material i wouldnt put those rubber pads. Local upholstety shop wants to know if seat is glued on or stitched on, called corbin and no answer, its saturday.
Anyone with upholstery experiece? Would appreciate the opinion. Might sell it for $225 shipped if i cant modify it. Will consider a yamaha comfort seat trade. Dont know yet :)

20160624_150510_zpsgpv9jeh2_edit_1466889978021_zpsvf5krqes.jpg
Give corbin a call... they'll be able to help ya out... they have hundreds of vinyl and leather bits to choose from

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

captainfz07

Yeah im going to give them a call monday, hope its not more than $100 because I already paid 212 shipped for this, could have just got a new one the way i like.

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

What material did the OEM seat come with? I personally like the original material but I think I'm going to have to get a comfort seat and would like the original material on the seat.

Seat covers are normally stapled all around the underside of the seat (as is the standard MT/FZ-07 seat). I cannot speak for a Corbin. An upholster could change your cover and give you what you want, I would say.

Just do it! 

Archived