The MT-07 Forum

GPR Stabilizer FZ-07 *updated*

mericc

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

i put a steering stabilizer on a potato masher and now i mash potatoes with precision. prior to getting a steering stabilizer: my mashed potatoes were lump. now they're smoother than the butter that goes in them.

the advantages are clear.

-HowWorkClutch

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the whole steering stabilizer thing is really dependent on the person riding the bike. We all have varying degrees of talent, confidence, coordination and age which might slow things down. I personally find the FZ07 a bit sensitive to inputs when I push hard in corners; feels like something is sliding. I'm pretty confident that it really is input from me because the bike does not inspire confidence like some other bikes I've ridden, might be an issue that a replacement set of tires would cure. I'm far from being new to motorcycles and have owned somewhere north of 50 of them and ridden them in every state (yes every) in any kind of weather condition you can come up with. Unfortunately we are not all Freddie Spencer's equal (Valentino Rossi's either) but we do the best with what we have been given and sometimes father time really does not help things. Just enjoy it while you can.

I'll be ordering one of this tomorrow. Just got back from a long trip, and experienced the worst wobble I've ever had. I went over a bump on highway while turning slightly, and then the next few second I pretty much lost control of my front end, feeling like my front wheel was about to fly off...

Luckily I eventually regain control and rode on. My bikes in the past all had a steering damper, and I've never had a problem with a front end wobble like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine, but ran in some fitment issues. I had to grind down some materials on the lower ring shape clamp to fit it under the triple tree. Will report back when I get a chance to test ride it.

• 1 month later...
I need to see a video to how instaling the steering stabilizer in FZ-07 , Coild you help me ?

Ill make one when my bike gets back from impaktech

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Oddly enough, my bike just started doing the speed wobble at higher speeds. I took it into the dealership to make sure everything was okay because it never did it even at around 130mph. The head mech said that everything was fine and the bearings could be finally breaking in allowing the steering to loosen enough to allow for speed wobble....that and the wheelies P-) I enjoyed doing a while back didn't help.  I'll be getting one of the stabilizers once they come down from the ridiculous price they are now, until then I'll just keep her at lower speeds. 

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

Honestly, I tend to agree with olderthan dirt here.

Having 10k on my FZ and frequent trips to Palomar to ring the piss out of it, damper not needed(for the canyons) The bike certainly is not the best canyon or track bike out there, but I don't think anyone will argue that. The bike shines elsewhere and is a a fantastic all around-er.

That said the problems this bike does have in the canyons are not from lack of a damper IMHO. would one hurt? Probably not(okay maybe the wallet). Would one help? Probably not.

Having never tracked the FZ and with no plans of doing so (I have a different bike for that) I will let those of you with FZ track experience speak to that.

BUUUTTTT, where it may help, is for those of you that are touring or with massive freeway mileage. It will add some stability and reduce fatigue for those of you that only drive in straight lines.... but wheres the fun in that???

Just my .02 and YMMV

'16 FZ07

Archived