The MT-07 Forum

Got the day off looking to ride (central coast)

iluvspdtt

I'm located on the central coast of California and I'm looking to go for a ride today. I've only been in California for 2 years, moved here from Ohio, and haven't really had much of a chance to go riding out here and I don't have many friends that ride. Anyway, I've got the day off work and I'd really like to get some good riding in today while my fiancé is at work. If there's anyone in the area that wants to ride let me know. I'm located in Orcutt/Santa Maria and I'd be willing to travel north or south to meet up with people.

Travel north to San Francisco and we can grab some lunch. It doesn't look like you're too far. According to my trusty friend Googlemaps, it says you're only a 4hr and 9min ride away. Lol

Yeah. My fiancé would kill me if I went to San Francisco without her. Lol. Neither of us have ever been there. Maybe once her bike is ready to go we'll make that trip.

• Premium Member

don't listen to "that guy"  :P
why drive for over 4 hours?
I'm in Los Angeles and I'm only 2 hours and 45 minutes away :D

I was thinking Santa Barbara maybe Ventura or Ojai on the south travel or Paso Robles if I was traveling north.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Check out the tiny town of Parkfield, CA. It's on the San Andreas faultline and the USGS moniters activity there. The ride from Paso Robles is phenominal and the payoff is a restaurant that serves grassfed beef and other good food.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Starting to think I should use the day to work on my other bikes, my nighthawk 650 needs the engine completely rebuilt along with every other piece of the bike, my zx7r needs torn down to get ready for the new forks, swingarm, wheels and engine and my fiancé's rebel 450 needs a little work on the carbs.

I'd recommend PCH, you will take in the coastal views and it is a nice and relaxing ride. Get off after you feel you have been on it long enough get some lunch then take it back the way you came, nice way to piss away a day.

I ended up sitting around most the day but decided to go for a ride around 6:00 and just got back home. Not a long ride but very enjoyable. It was a good variety of riding and scenery, just wish I had a gopro so I could share the experience. Maybe next time. If I can figure out a way to trace my route on a map I'll post that up.

Best was that on the roads that I didn't want to see other traffic I didn't. Passed 1 car parked on the side of the road and a handful of bicyclists.

4 hours !! Lol used to drive SFO to SLO in 2 1/2. :) weekly to meet up with my mechanic aka the BF. It's a beautiful ride I want to do on the bike. Waiting for him to ride too!

I got another free day with nothing to do. Are there any members even in the area of the central coast?

Archived