The MT-07 Forum

Dark-Y and Bellissimoto Love Story

panchobullet

• Premium Member
panchobullet

It all begun exactly a month ago on May 23rd when my eyes saw a "Gilles Tooling X-Factor Rearsets Group Buy" post from @bellissimoto . My hearth started pumping like crazy and my mind picturing the rearset on Dark-Y as I was looking for options the past couple of months and I knew this was the call even before opening the post (you know, just one of those hunch) so it was really inevitable clicking it and check out.

And, of course it was! I started going through the post and checking the pictures I have already seen a thousand times and saw the amazing discount of 20% over retail and I said to my-self “You that’s an awesome deal! Get them!”. But that wasn’t all! Further down it was advised “If we get 10 or more to sign up, the discount goes up to 25%”so I quickly scrolled down to see how many were signed up already and I saw the bright light at the end of the road… There were 9 out of 10 signed up! Geez you have to be kitting me! All I remember after that was getting a PM from Paul from @bellissimoto with the invoice and me quickly clearing payment!

The wheel was rolling and the waiting just begun! But wait, something else happened on the way… I started PMing back and forward with Paul, also known as Paulie or @pgeldz which is the awesome man that works & post as @bellissimoto too and realized he was the proud owner of one of the custom FZ-07 bikes I liked the most so making questions and getting feedback from him was also inevitable and let me tell you all, Paul is just an amazing guy and bike lover! From that point going forward just too many things happened being the first one Dark-Y and Yami rapidly became friends even the really long distance between them with Yami located in Las Vegas (EEUU) and Dark-Y in Santiago (Chile).

[attachment id=1816" thumbnail="1]

While the waiting was on for the rearset and @bellissimoto was posting updates on the group buy order I was also shopping for others stuffs for Dark-Y and I was pretty much ready to pull the trigger from some goodies at RevZilla but thought… Wait a second, maybe @bellissimoto could have them too and ship them with the rearset? Maybe get a discount on them too since it’s a supporting vendor from the forum? Well, let’s ask Paul about it!

Paul response came out quickly and even though he didn’t have the exact same product I was looking for he came at me with some amazing options and terrific deals! But most important, he helped me get my ideas the right way and make sure I was getting what I wanted but also that it was safe for the bike, for me and my wallet! Oh, and trying to avoid a potential divorce too! LOL!

So after long talks, lot of PM’s probably too many crazy questions and ideas on my side Paul and @bellissimoto always came back with really the best shopping experience I had, really friendly and worried about your needs for your bike and this is really not something you find very often specially for someone like me that is pretty much online shopping only due long distance!

[attachment id=1815" thumbnail="1]

Just a prove of their amazingness is what they did for me for some breaks pad I ordered. For this ones, I asked Paul a quote for them and he contacted his vendor to check the price and stock. He came back quickly with a hell of a deal so we added them into an order we were working on and moved to payment. Unfortunately for both of us, his vendor misquoted us with the value and the price went up. But again, Paul came back quickly first with a big apologies and second with an awesome “fight” with his vendor which actually made him an on-site visit to him to sorted thing out. We came back again with another awesome agreement but they took things into another level when his vendor advised the pads were not available at store and needed additional two weeks to get them. That was it for Paul and he take action by his own hands and went directly into EBC main office to get them for me and ship them with the rest of the parts! Really? Do you have any doubt how amazing and awesome this guys are! You rock bud!

[attachment id=1817" thumbnail="1]

Finally, we got so many awesome things on the way for Dark-Y that I cannot wait to put my hands on them but of course things traveling from the US to Chile take some time but they are on the way!

So all I can say for now is THANKS YOU so much for everything to Paul & all @bellissimoto crew since they all worked really hard to get awesome deals, ship things quickly, reply to any questions I had but most important for make me feel like one of their own and embracing me as one of their friends! Really this has been my most friendly & epic shopping experience ever! You guys took this into a whole new level and for all that Dark-Y, my-self, my wallet and even my wife and kids really appreciate all you did!!!

[attachment id=1814" thumbnail="1]

Kuddos to all @bellissimoto and specially to Paul! Thanks! TTYS!

- Pancho

To be continued….

UPDATE 1:

Got the first shipping!!! Gilles rearset and lithium battery are here and just waiting for time to do the install! Look further down below for some pics of them but let me say the rearset look AMAZING and the battery is so LIGHT !!!! (2.2lbs/1kg).

Second shipment is on the way and should be here early next week at the latest! I'll keep you all posted on that too!

UPDATE 2:

Finally got some free time today and installed the rearset and battery. What can I say, Gilles rearset just look AWESOME and the feeling/response is even BETTER than how it LOOK and it's so SMOOTH!... It's just an awesome peace of engineering and I really love it!. 

About the battery, dang it's so LIGHT !!! It's pretty much the same size as stock and it fits perfect!. I really love both of them and Dark-Y thanks again to @bellissimoto for making her lighter! :)

UPDATE 3, 4 & 5:

Apologies for the long run but haven't had much time for posting.  So, I already got package 2 & 3 from @bellissimoto and all the stuffs are way too cool. All of them installed by now with only one exception that I'm saving for later so just go down and ready there what I have to say about it!

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

Paulie is the man! great write up. by far a great place to shop. and I'm lucky they are here in vegas!

bellissimoto

Wow! You'd think a hardened military veteran of 21 years wouldn't get all emotional reading those comments, but you have me tearing up over here @panchobullet ! (Having said that, it was the Air Force, not the Marines, so that could explain it, LoL!)

Seriously though, it has been an absolute pleasure to have made such an impact on your experience in getting Dark-Y set up just how you want. Your passion and love for motorcycles is magnetic!

I'm honored you chose us for all your FZ-07 needs, and can't wait to see how Dark-Y comes together!

:)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

P.S.  I didn't forget about your "special request."  I have something in mind to make it even better, but it'll take some time to do :)

• Premium Member

LOL @bellissimoto hey now, Paulie -- being in the USAF doesn't make us soft, it makes us smart. When my buddies were cleaning sand out of their gear in the desert, I was sitting in an air conditioned room behind a computer in northern Italy :)

bellissimoto
LOL @bellissimoto hey now, Paulie -- being in the USAF doesn't make us soft, it makes us smart. When my buddies were cleaning sand out of their gear in the desert, I was sitting in an air conditioned room behind a computer in northern Italy :)
Right!  All my Army and Marine buddies used to get mad at me when we would deploy.  I'm like, "Have fun playing in the mud, sleeping 6 to tent fellas...I'll be in my 5 star hotel suite if ya need me." 
:P

- Paul

• Global Moderator
Right!  All my Army and Marine buddies used to get mad at me when we would deploy.  I'm like, "Have fun playing in the mud, sleeping 6 to tent fellas...I'll be in my 5 star hotel suite if ya need me." 

- Paul
airforce..
that explains alot... :P

@panchobullet... why do.you need 2 rear sprockets?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
panchobullet

- Paul
airforce.. that explains alot... :P

@panchobullet ... why do.you need 2 rear sprockets?
LOL! @bellissimoto & @so1102 you guys cracked me up with the "army" jokes! :P

@sorkyah The sizes are different. One is 41T in steel/aluminium (black/gold one) that I'll use mainly for street ride and trips and to get a little more top end speed. The other one is 45T in steel (black) that I'll use mainly for track days and to get faster acceleration which is also the reason I got two chains so I can have one chain according to each option and avoid adding/removing links when swapping them. 

- Pancho

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Here are the pics for UPDATE 1!

Full package with added key chains and stickers!

[attachment id=1849" thumbnail="1]

Gilles rearset:
[attachment id=1848" thumbnail="1]

Lithium battery:

[attachment id=1851" thumbnail="1]

[attachment id=1850" thumbnail="1]

- Pancho

• Global Moderator

Whats this?
How come you got so many bellissimoto stickers....I only got one :(

bellissimoto
Whats this? How come you got so many bellissimoto stickers....I only got one :(
We did just get a new batch of stickers, and sometimes they stick together.  Either that, or my shipping guy just went nutz, lol.

Either way, I'll sort you out @sorkyah , don't worry :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Global Moderator

Whats this? How come you got so many bellissimoto stickers....I only got one :(
We did just get a new batch of stickers, and sometimes they stick together.  Either that, or my shipping guy just went nutz, lol. 

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

some people sticker bomb their bikes.... i sticker bomb my toolbox at work
thnx paul

• Premium Member
panchobullet

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
some people sticker bomb their bikes.... i sticker bomb my toolbox at work thnx paul

LOL! Well, so far I have a bunch of stickers for different places that I really didnt know what to do with them since I dont like to sticker bomb Dark-Y... but toolbox sticker bomb sounds like a deal! :D

- Pancho

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Here are the pics for UPDATE 2!

Lit battery fits perfect. I placed it with the terminals facing to the right and used a couple of the spacers under it and fits like a glove!

[attachment id=1881" thumbnail="1]

Left rearset (took of the OEM shift shoe protector and put it into the Gilles one). 

[attachment id=1883" thumbnail="1]

Note: It fits perfectly with the Annitori QS Pro + 90mm shift rod. This side was a really effortless install.

Right rearset:

[attachment id=1882" thumbnail="1]

Note: This side required more work than the other due break connectios but nothing crazy complex. Just be cautious and patient.

Right side wide shot:

[attachment id=1884" thumbnail="1]

I left the standard setting in both for now but I'll be changing it once I get and install the Woodcraft clip-ons & bars. Keep you all posted fellas!

- Pancho

• Global Moderator

can ya take a pic.from the back of.your brake side.kickplate... im trying to.see what spacers i need to put there

bellissimoto
can ya take a pic.from the back of.your brake side.kickplate... im trying to.see what spacers i need to put there

@sorkyah, this is how it's supposed to go...

7MrjpoCh.jpg

Xs2x5sdh.jpg

xpECPclh.jpg

:)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
panchobullet
Update 3:

So as one image can say more than words so let's start with the picture of the items I got from @bellissimoto in as part of package 2:

[attachment id=2190" thumbnail="1]

What you can see in the picture is the following:
- Gilles AXB Chain Adjuster Black
- Gilles Pivot Covers Gold
- World Wide Bearing Ceramic Bearing Kit

520 Conversion Kit 1:
- Vortex Steel Front Sprocket 16T
- EK 3D 520 Chain Black/Gold
- SuperSprox Stealth Rear Sprocket 41T Gold

520 Conversion Kit 2:
- EK MVXZ 520 Chain Black (race track only)
- Vortex Steel Rear Sprocket 45T (race track only)

- Sticket, key chains, T-Shirt

All off them are really great products and I really love them all! About the conversion kit I'm really happy with it and the "only" but I have is about the 41T rear sprocket as it's kinda more "lazy" of what I expected so I'll be getting a 42T soon. More pics shortly!

- Pancho

Update 3: 
So as one image can say more than words so let's start with the picture of the items I got from @bellissimoto in as part of package 2:

[attachment thumbnail=1" id="2190]

520 Conversion Kit 1:

520 Conversion Kit 1:

All off them are really great products and I really love them all! About the conversion kit I'm really happy with it and the "only" but I have is about the 41T rear sprocket as it's kinda more "lazy" of what I expected so I'll be getting a 42T soon. More pics shortly!

- Pancho

I feel like I'm living vicariously through you right now. Whenever you post a pic of a new part, I feel like I just got a new part also. Then I walk out to my bike and see the parts aren't there and I realize I was just dreaming.

• Global Moderator
Update 3: 

[attachment thumbnail=1" id="2190]

520 Conversion Kit 1:

520 Conversion Kit 1:

- Pancho

I feel like I'm living vicariously through you right now. Whenever you post a pic of a new part, I feel like I just got a new part also. Then I walk out to my bike and see the parts aren't there and I realize I was just dreaming.
Paypal credit is both a blessing and a curse..
goodies for bike on one hand... have to pay it off at 12% interest on the other

Let me know how you like your bearings...
i havent gotten to ride mine much yet

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Update 3: 

520 Conversion Kit 1:

520 Conversion Kit 1:

- Pancho

LOL!... Same thing happen to me but with @pgeldz "Yami" bike!... lol!.. so even there you are not alone! :-P

- Pancho

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Paypal credit is both a blessing and a curse.. goodies for bike on one hand... have to pay it off at 12% interest on the other

Let me know how you like your bearings...
i havent gotten to ride mine much yet
Well at least I'm not using Paypal credit anyway... As i'm not in the US (remember that I live in Chile) basically I use Paypal linked to my Visa card... they charge to my international account there than is later fully charged into my national account the following month. So whatever I get today I have to pay it fully in 30 or 60 days (depending if I pay the international bill or wait for the next month to be automatically charged into my national one).... Oh and add overseas shipping and custom fees :-P 
Now for the bearings it-self... I do feel bike runs a little smoother but since I also changed the gearing it's hard to say for sure how well it is. But at least the "free wheel" spin test was awesome... bad on me that I didnt recorded it but just to give you and idea I'd say that stock bearing will let the wheel freely run for about 10 full spins... with the new bearings it will do 40-50... and just knowing that I'm really really happy... :-)

- Pancho

Archived