The MT-07 Forum

UPS guy dropped off some goodies today:)

qjohnson

There is definitely a small power increase. I have about 350 miles on the exhaust right now and all I can say is I love it. The only thing I wish was different was that akrapović would make different baffles for what level of sound you would like to achieve. With the baffle in its only a hair louder than stock but it gained a nice rumble. And with the baffle out it makes your ears want to bleed after 20 min of riding lol. I use earplugs when I ride but the exhaust is still slightly annoying with the baffle removed. There definitely needs to be different stages of baffles for different sound levels. But we will see what the forum members come up with once people start getting the exhaust.
I wanna hear, I wanna hear!!  Yea that drone can get to you when on long stretch at about the same RMP.
Haha when I get some free time I'll try and get a video clip of the sound. The drone is definitely what hurts the ears. With earplugs in its not too bad but still loud. My helmet could be letting a lot of sound in also. I wear an icon varient so it's definitely not as quiet as higher end helmets are. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
crazycracka501
Haha when I get some free time I'll try and get a video clip of the sound. The drone is definitely what hurts the ears. With earplugs in its not too bad but still loud. My helmet could be letting a lot of sound in also. I wear an icon varient so it's definitely not as quiet as higher end helmets are. 
Awesome!  Yea, I have a Bell Revolver helmet, it's a good helmet but I get some wind noise and can't imagine how much sound an aftermarket exhaust without baffle would get in.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I'm sure your bell is way quieter than my icon. I may start looking for a quieter helmet. Preferably a street helmet. The icon variant is more of a dual sport type helmet so it lets in a lot of wind and noise. The bell with earplugs would probably be much more comfortable with the noise levels.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
I'm sure your bell is way quieter than my icon. I may start looking for a quieter helmet. Preferably a street helmet. The icon variant is more of a dual sport type helmet so it lets in a lot of wind and noise. The bell with earplugs would probably be much more comfortable with the noise levels.
Yea you're probably right.  I should have guessed you were wearing a dirt bike helmet from you're profile pic lol

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Archived