The MT-07 Forum

UPS guy dropped off some goodies today:)

qjohnson

• Premium Member
Hey paulie you mind sharing where you got the air filter and box cover from? Also what fueling solution are you using?
I got the DNA air filter and stage 2 airbox cover direct from DNA's website.  Ordered them on a Sunday...they arrived Wednesday using the fastest shipping method they offer.  2 business days isn't so bad considering they are in Athens, Greece! 
:)

- Paulie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ thanks. So I got the pipe on yesterday. Let me start off by saying it was a piece of cake. I had the whole thing bolted up in about 30 minutes. So easy. I didn't take a whole bunch of pics but I took enough to get the point across on how to install it. I'll upload them when I get home from work today. Oh yeah and it sounds AWESOME!! It's only a little louder than stock with the baffle in and it adds that nice rumble the stock exhaust is missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you buy it from?  I can't seem to find an online store that has it in stock?

Nice !!! Same as mine. Remove the 02 sensor first from your stock pipe and let it hang down. No need to trace the sensor wire and disconnect at the plug. Remove stock pipe. Then screw the fittings and the sensor to your new collector. Then bolt the headers LOOSELY to the motor. Then slide the CAT into the muffler. Then slide the collector onto the header and then the muffler onto the collector, and keep everything lined up so the rear two mount bolt holes line up.  Might have to use a rubber mallet to make everything fit...but make sure it's lined up first with the two rear mount holes. Install the two rear mount bolts LOOSELY. Then tighten down the 4 header nuts...and then tighten the two rear mount bolts. You're done...start it up.

I bought mine from revzilla. I preordered on like august 3rd before they went out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I promised you guys some pics of the install so here we go. It's not going to be a full writ up because of how simple the install was. Sorry for the bad phone pictures.

As soon as all those bolts and nuts are removed you should be able to remove the stock exhaust system. Be careful not to lose the exhaust gaskets!

Next step is installing the Akrapović header pipe section. I forgot to take a picture of installing this because it's literally just put it in place and put the header nuts on. Make sure to leave these nuts loose until the end.

If yours comes like mine the intermediate pipe which has the o2 bung will already be attached to the header pipe. Just install the o2 sensor adaptor, put the included copper anti-seize on the o2sensor threads and screw that bad boy in. Obviously torque it all down. I just did a snug fit.
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a548/qjohnson2/imagejpg8_zpsaa2c7593.jpg

Next up this is where you would wanna drop your CAT into the muffler if you bought one. I forgot to take a picture of that lol. But after that's done you'll want to get the muffler in place. It didn't seem to fit right away but after a little maneuvering it went in (haha that's what she said). Then this is where you'll put those left and right side exhaust mount bolts back in.
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a548/qjohnson2/imagejpg14_zps346b6e6b.jpg

Next thing to do was to just torque the header nuts down and torque the muffler mounting bolts down and reinstall you right side foot peg/rear brake lever with the 2 Allen key bolts you removed earlier. Get yourself some wd-40 on a rag and wipe down the muffler. The muffler is the only titanium piece and in the directions it tells you to clean the Ti with wd-40.

After you're all cleaned up and everything's torqued then you're ready to rock n roll!
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a548/qjohnson2/imagejpg11_zps07793352.jpg

If you want to remove your baffle be prepared to mess It up a little bit. It's a PITA to remove. And don't be a dummy like me and pull on the wrong part. I was too excited to hear it with the baffle removed that I was pulling on the thin outside metal that extends outside the muffler tip. Yeah that's not the baffle haha. You must pull on the 2 tubes in the middle. Get yourself some vice grips and a hammer and have fun lol. But yeah please don't be a dummy like me and mess up the looks of your brand new exhaust by pulling on the wrong part lol. I'll post a pic of the carnage I did to it tomorrow.

• Global Moderator

That looks nice. I am looking forward to a report after you do some riding. How is the sound and did you feel any power difference?

There is definitely a small power increase. I have about 350 miles on the exhaust right now and all I can say is I love it. The only thing I wish was different was that akrapović would make different baffles for what level of sound you would like to achieve. With the baffle in its only a hair louder than stock but it gained a nice rumble. And with the baffle out it makes your ears want to bleed after 20 min of riding lol. I use earplugs when I ride but the exhaust is still slightly annoying with the baffle removed. There definitely needs to be different stages of baffles for different sound levels. But we will see what the forum members come up with once people start getting the exhaust.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
There is definitely a small power increase. I have about 350 miles on the exhaust right now and all I can say is I love it. The only thing I wish was different was that akrapović would make different baffles for what level of sound you would like to achieve. With the baffle in its only a hair louder than stock but it gained a nice rumble. And with the baffle out it makes your ears want to bleed after 20 min of riding lol. I use earplugs when I ride but the exhaust is still slightly annoying with the baffle removed. There definitely needs to be different stages of baffles for different sound levels. But we will see what the forum members come up with once people start getting the exhaust.
I wanna hear, I wanna hear!!  Yea that drone can get to you when on long stretch at about the same RMP.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Archived